My partner took me to Edinburgh for a weekend away, and we stayed in the Mews Apartment. We were greeted by a lovely guy, who took all our luggage off us. The man on the front desk was very pleasant, and showed us to our apartment and gave us a tour. Another gentleman appeared with two glasses of champagne, which was lovely! The apartment was beautiful, it was a basement type layout with a private garden. It had an open layout kitchen and lounge, two bedrooms with en suite bathrooms and a separate bathroom as well. The fridge was stocked with water and milk, and we also had a nespresso coffee machine with lots of different flavours of coffee. There was a television in every room, it was so nice to watch television in the bath, whilst drinking champagne! We arrived on a saturday afternoon, and thought we may struggle to get dinner reservations, but the hotel staff sorted it out for us, and got us a table at Kyloe- a steak restaurant. It was amazing, the best restaurant I have ever eaten in! Before we left for our dinner, we were brought more champagne and a selection of bath products, and the guy even offered to run a bath for us! We were also brought some delicious canapes and a bottle of rose wine. When we came back from our meal, the apartment was in darkness, lit only by candle light, with rose petals leading a trail to the bedroom. The bedroom had been all set up nicely, with a heart made out of tealights and classical music playing on the radio. It was so beautiful and well thought out. In the morning, we were brought a breakfast platter and even more champagne! It was delicious! We checked our early to explore the city centre. The overall stay was brilliant, staff were amazing and could not do enough. A big thank you to Jack and Ali (i think...) who were brilliant!
The apartments are beautiful, the bar is lovely, the location is perfect, staff are amazing and bend over backwards for their guests. There is even an extensive dvd library, which you can help yourselves to! The food was beautiful, and although it is pricey, it's worth it for a wonderful treat! The only downside is parking, but this is a reflection of the whole city, not just the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chester Residence is a collection of 5 Georgian townhouses set in the stunning West End of Edinburgh. These chic 5 star (Scottish Tourist Board rated) designer suites blend seamlessly with attention to detail and a level of personalized service that ensures guests enjoy the highest standards, synonymous with The Chester Residence. Each suite is an oasis of tranquility, offering spacious, individually designed suites with all the benefits of a luxury hotel. The latest in room technology is provided including, Sky TV, Blu-ray DVD player. As our beautiful townhouses are listed, there is no elevator in them, but our Concierge will be happy to help with your luggage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Chester Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chester Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- Chester Residence Edinburgh
- Chester Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- The Chester Residence Edinburgh, Scotland