“Luxury & Style”

The Chester Residence
Ranked #1 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Everything about the Chester is brilliant. The staff, the quality of the apartments and furnishings and the location.
We were worried that the reputation was perhaps too good to be true but it is well deserved.
It's expensive (especially in summer) but well worth it.
It's a 5 minute wal to George Street and Princes Street and the local Stockbridge/Haymarket area is trendy, safe and fun.
We really couldn't fault it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,882)

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed at the Chester residence on the 18th December for one night and wish it had been for longer. The service from staff was impeccable and extremely friendly an warm, the room was a delight and finished to a very high standard and was without doubt the cleanest room I have ever stayed in and put so called high class hotels to shame! I will definately be back to stay again. What a total gem of a find the Chester residence has been! Keep up the great work guys

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 18, 2012

After having experienced the Chester residence first hand, it's really not surprising why this hotel rates so highly - it really is as good as you've read it is - no hype, just fact.
Fantastic accommodation,genuinely friendly,attentive staff,(yes,they really are as good as everyone says)great location,they really have got everything right and you shouldn't consider anywhere else if you are planning a trip to Edinburgh.
I can't recommend more highly and I'll definitely be returning next chance I get. Do yourself a favour and do the same!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Decided on a little treat for Christmas shopping, taking my wife to Edinburgh. We wanted somewhere special, so checked tripadvisor and noted that The Chester Residence was No1 in Edinburgh and won a few awards. Luckily I managed to get a good deal and booked two nights.

When I arrived, Rory opened the door and welcomed us to the Chester Residence and immediately offered assistance with bags etc.

At reception we were told that we had been upgraded to a Penthouse Suite, which we thought was great!

The apartment was lovely! Large Bedroom, very large two person bath and television in Bathroom. Great Lounge/kitchen area also with the finest appliances. Nespresso machine in kitchen was a bonus as I drink Nespresso coffee all the time at home.

Large television in Bedroom and Lounge with Sky TV.

On the Saturday evening we returned to the Bar. Once again Rory appeared by magic and greeted our arrival asking if we had a good day. The night before I told him that I was eating in Micahel Neave's Kitchen and Whisky Bar. He remembered this and asked how the meal was.

On entry to the bar we were greeted by the barman. We were only going to stay for one drink before retiring to our room. However the cocktails were that good and the company was very nice so we sat for three hours indulging int he very best that the barman had to offer enjoying the company of another couple residing in the hotel too! I'm sorry I did not pick up on the barman's name.

The couple we were talking to had a four and a half year old daughter. One of the receptionists came through (Katy) and as well as engaging in conversation offered lots of colouring in materials, lego and crisps to keep the girl occupied throughout the evening (3 hrs).

On checkout we had a small leaving party int he reception standing attentively asking if every facet of our stay was good. This was not by any means intrusive. Good banter and a genuine sincere interest in ensuring that everything was first class.

I thoroughly recommend "The Chester Residence" I look forward to returning soon!

Room Tip: Car parking. Restricted Parking Mon - Sat exists between 8:30 am and 17:30. Maximum of 4hrs. Best...
1  Thank Lakes_traveller007
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We've stayed at the Chester Residence 4 times now - 3 times in the last two months! - and it really is our new favourite place, having whipped that crown off the heads of a couple of other fancy boutique hotels in Edinburgh and Glasgow.

We find it very hard to fault at all; the apartments are gorgeous, combining the freedom and space of self-catering flats with the amazing finish and luxury of a boutique hotel, the prices and deals that are available online are amazing considering what you get (I'd recommend ringing them direct once you've found a deal by the way, as they will usually match any deal on trivago/laterooms etc. and sometimes throw in a bottle of wine or breakfast too).

The staff are also fantastic - trust me, I'm a total customer service bore - they are unfailingly nice, very helpful and often go out of their way to make you feel completely looked-after. As an example, the first time we stayed with them, they had problems with the sky TV due to severe storms the previous night which had damaged the dish on the roof. To apologise, we were brought a glass of champagne (for my wife), a beer (for me) and a bag of popcorn to eat while we watched a DVD from their collection. A few weeks ago we stayed there for my wife's birthday. I had mentioned this whilst making the booking, and 5 mins after we got to our room, a guy appeared at the door with a glass of champagne for us both and a birthday card for my wife! They've totally nailed the balance of being attentive and efficient whilst not being intrusive in any way.

This is a really, really lovely place. Go there if you can, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

One of the best apartment rentals in Scotland, I was there with a close friend and we had a great time. It is centrally located with great "walks" around. Great staff and excellent service. Food can be ordered in from near by takeaways through reception. They have a great collection of DVDs too with comes with a free bag of popcorns.

Definitely a place for a couples

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Booked a couple of nights away as a treat before Christmas. We stayed in one of the penthouse apartments which was fabulous. We have to say thankyou again to all the staff, you really do make the Chester Residence THE place to stay! Needless to say we had a great time and we look forward to returning again soon.

Thankyou everyone at Chester and have a great Christmas!

Room Tip: Penthouse has amazing bathrooms and great views