“Perfect!”

The Chester Residence
Ranked #1 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just returned from another perfect stay.The staff are so friendly and genuine and the G & T to greet us on arrival was well received. The apartment was immaculate,comfortable and truly 5 star with everything we needed. The room service breakfast was wonderful and plenty of it! Wouldn't consider staying any where else.

1  Thank Hannah C

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed for just one night on Monday 29th October. Our apartment was larger than at least two of the houses I have ever lived in! Well decorated and furnished; warm and comfortable. We especially liked the large lounge. Staff members were all helpful and friendly, without exception. Not located in the centre of the city but it only took us 5-10 minutes to walk to near the castle, and after we had wandered further away during the evening by about the same amount, it only cost £5 for a taxi back. Excellent - we shall return there.

1  Thank Duvalle
Reviewed November 4, 2012

What can I say but Wow! The accomodation is amazing, the employees are everything you'd want and the location is excellent. It was a shame our stay was short. Hopefully we'll get the chance to go back another time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a delightful short break in Edinburgh, choosing to stay at the marvelous Chester Residence while we were there.

From the moment we booked the staff (who are by far the shining stars of the experience), could not have been more helpful. They assisted with choosing a suitable apartment, making the booking and helping me arrange some special surprises to make the weekend truly memorable (the Romance package is superb value, and great fun). Nothing is too much trouble.

One should also of course mention the beautiful buildings, stylish, well-appointed, comfortable apartments and mention the superb quality and good value drinks and breakfasts (also worthy of note).

We enjoyed the place so much we decided not to go out on the second night, opting to get a take-away, a nice bottle of wine and have a relaxed evening in front of the roaring fire.

I hear the owner/founder is thinking of reviving this recipe for success elsewhere, and I wish him well in the new endeavor. If it's half-as-good as The Chester Residence, it's sure to be a hit.

1  Thank TJF1976
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The standard of service was fantastic at all times. The staff were so friendly, enthusiastic and friendly. Our penthouse apartment was amazing - beautiful location, luxurious and quiet (very important to us country bumkins!). I have very high standards but there was nothing about our stay I would have wished to be different. Great value for money. I look forward to staying at the Chester Residence again, asap!

1  Thank janc70
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Chester Residence gives guests the best experience they could possibly wish for. It is literally the best place I have ever stayed, and I would choose Edinburgh every time, just so I could go back to the Chester!

Wonderful service, amazing comfort, and nothing is too much trouble. Staff really do go that extra mile.

This was my third trip to the Chester and it gets better every time!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

My stay at The Chester Residence was amazing from start to finish. When I booked I received an email asking if it was a special occasion, I wrote back saying it was my partner’s birthday present and it was also our anniversary. I had booked it as it had such great reviews on Trip Advisor but I did not think it would surpass my expectations so much.

Upon arriving we were greeted by the genuinely friendly staff and our luggage was taken. We were told as it was a special occasion we had been upgraded to the VIP suite. We were given a tour around the room – it was amazing. The staff were also nice enough to give my partner a Birthday card which I thought was very thoughtful.

The VIP suite had a gorgeous living room, kitchen, cinema room, Jacuzzi, bedroom with en suite and there was a garden. The little extras in the room just made it that much more amazing - we had some Molton Brown products and there was a Nespresso machine, the wallpaper was Armani, there was a PS3 and there is a DVD library in the reception for guests to browse and we were given a bag of popcorn aswell while we were looking at the DVDs.

We had the breakfast which was fantastic and looked so good when it arrived and we enjoyed it thoroughly. We also had dinner on the second night and this was also delicious, I could not fault a single thing about the food.

The worst part of staying at The Chester Residence was leaving. I would definitely pay a little bit extra if I were to stay again for the VIP suite as it is just too good for words. The staff were absolutely fantastic and it is definitely the best service I have received at any hotel.

Room Tip: Just go mad and upgrade to VIP