“Scottish hospitalisty”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Joppa Turrets Guest House
Ranked #214 of 392 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Illinois Quad Cities
“Scottish hospitalisty”
Reviewed November 6, 2008

Anne and Phillip were wonderal hosts, made us feel at home, introduced me to Haggis, made my two sisters, wife and me very comfortable and were most helpful in giving us directions and bus information.

Three of us are over 70 and we were very comfortable.

Bill McCabe

• Liked — Unexpected view of the sea-side.
  • Disliked — No problems at all
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London
Reviewed August 28, 2007

Though the place is a distance from the centre of Edinburgh it's worth it for the sea views. The rooms are very good and comfertable. The breakfast are nice and freshly cooked to order.
The owners are very welcoming and friendly. If you want somewhere to stay away from the busyness of the city stay here.

• Liked — The sea view.
  • Disliked — The distance from the centre of Edinburgh.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
Seattle WA
Reviewed July 2, 2007

This was a wonderful find. I never thought I was a B&B person. I still don't think I am but we loved this place. My husband, sister and daughter stayed her great breakfast and loved the beach!!! very comfy beds and very good price.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 30, 2007

Our 5 person party stayed here in April for 3 nights. The site is just out of the town center. It is a quick bus ride into town. The neighborhood the B&B is in is peaceful and quiet. There are several good resturants in the area as well. The view from the B and B into the firth is breathtaking and it was a shear joy to walk back from dinner at night along the beach front. We also enjoyed sitting in the
sea side garden reading and chatting. The weather was very lovely during our time there. Felicity and her husband were personable and wonderful. The made a lovely breakfast each morning and were kind and
friendly and free with local advice. This place is truly wonderful. Do yourself a favor and stay there. You will enjoy the relaxing time at Joppa. The price is resonable too. It really felt like we were staying at a friends home rather than a B and B.

• Liked — The view of the firth from the bedrooms, and the garden
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank LadyMercy
Alberta
Reviewed October 30, 2006

I cannot recommend Joppa Turrets enough. I had the best stay of my entire 1 month trip here! We stayed 5 nights, and my boyfriend told me we had to go because Felicity isn't in fact my aunt and we were paying her! The owner, Felicity is one of the things that makes this B&B so special, she is absolutely wonderful, not to mention the delicous breakfast she made for us each morning.

There is a frequent bus service from city center, about 10 minutes or so. It is a lovely alternative to city center, you leave the bustle behind for the evening, and instead of drunks and honking horns, you have the tide washing up on the shore... the sound of the waves at night was so relaxing. The views from all rooms are of the beach.

The rooms are clean, with new sparkly washrooms.

I will definitely stay here again when I return to Edinburgh, it will be my oasis for all future stays. Thank you Felicity for making our stay so incredibly special.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
5 Thank CaminoGirl
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 28, 2004

We stayed here during the Winter, which was colder and darker than we expected. The heat was turned off at night in this place and it was cold. I am a pretty hearty person, too, yet I was uncomfortable. The rooms were old and had few amentities, though were clean. The bus ride into Edinburgh was not too long. However this place felt remote. We enjoyed meeting people in the neighborhood though and one pub down the street was a blast, and very friendly.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member