Canon Court Apartments
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
$156
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$161
$156
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$227
Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$187
$165
Agoda.com
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$126
$117
  • Pool
$251
$232
Agoda.com
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$146
$90
  • Bar/Lounge
$121
All reviewstesco supermarketwashing machinethese apartmentsliving roomcity centreelectric showergreat apartmentsbus stop rightspacious apartmentfully equipped kitchenself cateringminute walkper nightshort stayocean terminalhome away from homelounge area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed here for three nights while working in Edinburgh. I'd requested a quiet apartment, which we got on the 4th floor in the first block. It was very clean and well equipped, large comfy bed, lots of hot water The location is great, several pubs, restaurants and cafes close by, a 5 min walk to Tescos, 15 min into the centre of the city, or catch the bus, the stop is right out front. There's an old school Chinese takeaway across the road, and chilled beers available at the garage next door. Ample parking, £10 per day.

I loved the place and would rated excellent, had it not been for our last night, Saturday, when the neighbours downstairs partied until 4.30, the ones across the hall until 3am. There are no staff on the premises after 8pm so no one to sort these situations. I would go back, but maybe not on a Saturday.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Myself and colleagues stayed for two nights in three apartments at Canon Court Apartments and we were unanimously disappointed and unimpressed with the standard of accommodation, noise and overall value for money.

The accommodation is dated and desperately in need of refurbishment. As an example, the shower I had was very poor and barely attached to the wall. To make things worse, each morning (7.30am) we were awoken by workers on Warriston Road (right next door to the apratment) using heavy machinery and diggers. This was not explained to us, and if we had known about this severe disruption we would never have stayed in the accommodation. The works, I think, are scheduled for sometime so be warned!

They insist on a pre-authorisation charge as a security deposit. As stated on the booking confirmation sent to me I was more than happy for “A pre-authorisation of GBP100” to be taken from my card as a security deposit. Much to my amazement, however, an amount of GBP300 had been taken by Canon Court Apartments from my debit card. I'm not even sure this is legal!

In total we paid £1646.40 for the stay (£60 parking charges were also paid - what a rip off!) . Being someone who uses apartments regularly, I would suggest that for the standard of accommodation provided this is an inflated and unrealistic price.

I have reflected these comments to Canon Court Apartments who were unable to offer reimbursement or a discount on a future stay. In short....please go somewhere else in Edinburgh to get better value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank woody9tb
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Surly non-helpful concierge. Rooms tired, well worn. Great location but hard used. Bathrooms grubby, peeling wall paper and very dirty floor. Sparsely stocked kitchen. Disappointing. Traffic noise constant-construction noise as well. Frustratingly depressing,

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The potential is there but the apartment just did not deliver. Duct tape in the bathroom, masking tape on the fan, spider in the bedroom, dingy carpet along with constant traffic noise. On the plus side excellent restaurants are a 10 minute walk away. As well, several coffee shops about 5 mins away. With an upgrade I could deal with the traffic noise, but without, you are paying too much.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed at these appartments a while ago but my latest stay was, sadly to say, dissappointing. The place really is in need of an upgrade; bathroom especially. A lisk of paint wouldn't go amis either.
They are supposed to fully serviced appartments with parking. However, if you want any of the "fully serviced" facilities then you have to pay extras. Even parking isn't free any more.
As my russian is poor it would also help if the staff could actally speak english - and spend more time doing their jobs rather than smoking round the back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple