“Lovely Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Aberdeen
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Very central - easy to walk to town. We got upgraded to a bigger room overlooking the castle which was lovely. A little expensive when no breakfast included but what you expect from a chain of this level

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
M_Pichot, General Manager at Novotel Edinburgh Centre, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
So glad you had an enjoyable time at Novotel Edinburgh Centre! We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, Marc Pichot.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Good size room for me as i was travelling on my own, really comfortable bed but only one pillow which is unusual for hotels these days.
Bath and Shower good sizes, toilet was seperate which added some space, ample seating area if you wanted to use a laptop.
Overall clean and comfortable.

Only downside was my room overlooked a road that was quite busy at all times and there is a Premier Inn next door so there was a flow of coaches arriving and leaving, which meant it was quite noisey to leave the window open, which was a shame on a lovely summers day in Edinburgh.

Room Tip: Only a minor point but if you like to let some fresh air into your room, try not to stay on the road...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
We at the Novotel Edinburgh Centre very much appreciate all your thoughts. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Marc Pichot.
Santorini, Greece
Reviewed June 9, 2013

we have been with my boyfriend to Edinburgh this March and Novotel was a very good choice since it is only 10-15 minutes walking from the centre of the city. The breakfast was nice and the indoor swimming pool looked really relaxing. The stuff was helpful and the room was quite big and clean. Apart from the snow and cold, the hotel was nice and the city old and beautiful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
M_Pichot, General Manager at Novotel Edinburgh Centre, responded to this review, June 11, 2013

Kind regards,
uk
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were quite basic we had a family room that had a separate w.c but the w.c was a very dark little cupboard of a room with drab grey flooring and painted scuffed walls that made it feel a little unclean. The bathroom however was light and clean. The mattress on the bed was quite hard and not the most comfortable. Also on our last night (a Thursday) you could hear a lot of noise coming from late night (and early morning!) revellers even with the windows closed these could be heard. One good thing though was the breakfast. The food was fresh with plenty of choice and fresh coffee or tea was bought to your table. Also the spa area was nice and very clean but the changing room is tiny with no cubicles Whilst we were in there I heard no fewer than five other people mention this fact.

• Stayed May 2013
M_Pichot, Manager at Novotel Edinburgh Centre, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you for leaving your thoughts. We appreciate your positive feedback on the hotel location, restaurant and cleanliness.

We’ve taken note of your comments regarding your room and the changing facilities in the spa and apologise for your disappointment. At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your constructive feedback is very important to us.

We appreciate you sharing your feedback and it is our hope that you will allow us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Walsall
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed for two nights in May. Great value for money booking through Accor Hotels. Pool and spa are just the right size but get in early! Also only paying for the car park on exit meant that if you walked into town (about 10 minutes) you could leave your car there the whole time and only pay £15.
Room layout for an Executive room was a bit strange - seperate toilet but no wash basin in there meaning you had to go round to the bathroom to wash your hands. Bathroom door was frosted glass and only a foot away from the bed so if you got up in the night, and put the bathroom light on, the other person was disturbed. Could do with moving the bed to the other side of the room really.

We had a room on 4th floor and it was relatively quiet. Staff were freindly and helpful.
Would stay again but check room layout first!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

M_Pichot, General Manager at Novotel Edinburgh Centre, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully!

Kind regards
Lisburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My daughter and myself stayed for 3 nights over Bank Holiday weekend. We found the twin room was smaller than anticipated. Bathroom was so small we had nowhere to set our stuff and had to put bags on the floor, the separate toilet was so tiny you could hardly move but the most disgusting thing was the lack of a wash hand basin. Think of all the things you had to touch before you even get to a sink (door handle, light switch and whatever else enroute), this poses a hygiene problem. My bed had 2 broken legs, so depending what way you moved it rocked, surely housekeeping should have picked this up! Two out of the 3 mornings the breakfast was stone cold, as was the coffee, also on 2 of the mornings I couldn't find a bowl for fruit or cereal, we had to fill our own milk jug for tea/coffee as it was mostly empty. Room service was hit and miss, they did come in to room every day, but didn't empty full bin or replace dirty cups and glasses. We found staff to be courteous but aloof, especially when I complained about the meal we had in the Restaurant one evening. My daughter ordered a Panini for herself and french fries for us to share, she was given 2 slices of bread with cheese in it!! I brought this to attention of staff member who replaced it, but by this time I had finished my meal and my daughter who is diabetic and had already given herself an injection had to eat the fries meant for us both. When her panini arrived she was past herself and I pushed her to eat some of it. I complained straight away to Reception and asked that I not pay for the panini to which I was told I had to pay as they had rectified the problem and that my daughter had eaten the fries .... the Restaurant Manager had made this decision rather than coming to Reception to speak to me herself. For a big hotel chain I would have thought that £6.95 would not have broken the bank, for me it was the principle and bad service is bad service no matter where you are. Think twice before using this hotel because it is 3* at best. On the plus side I did find it to be clean and as it said it is a 10 minute walk to West End of Princess Street but for older people a bit too much as it is hilly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Milly21
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Novotel Edinburgh Centre, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Novotel Edinburgh Centre and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.
kind regards
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Great for a family stay. Book ahead for the best rates. It's worth paying the little extra to have breakfast included in your room rates.
Get day passes for the bus to take you in to central Edinburgh (£3.50 adults, £2.00 over 5's).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Novotel Edinburgh Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards