“Pleasant stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
lancs
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Family friendly lovely hotel in a location handy for the Castle. Had a lovely pool and games console for the kids yet still had a business hotel feel. The food in the restaurant was oustanding. Friendly staff. Extremely comfy beds and certainly good value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mrmen49
M_Pichot, General Manager at Novotel Edinburgh Centre, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.
Marc Pichot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rostrevor, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I loved my stay !! The one thing was the air con wasnt that cool... Bed was comfy .. Very central location.. Didn't stay for breakfast ..... We asked to put our luggage in storage because we arrived before check in time.. When we arrived , the woman saw us without saying a word and got our cases . Would stay here again !!!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Rosieroo111
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to Novotel Edinburgh Centre very soon.
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Got a good deal booking in advance (£240 for 4 nights). As it was our honeymoon the receptionist kindly upgraded us which very nice of her. Room had a nice view of the Castle.
We didn't book breakfast in advance £13.95. On arrival there was an offer on for around £8 which is much more reasonable. Breakfast was good and had a good selection. However there are many good cafés around that do all sorts of breakfast so I wouldn't pay full price.

Pool was small but nice and a nice warm jacuzzi was just what was required after a day walking round a hilly city.

A small commet on the room. The room doesn't have enough rails to hang 4 towels on. Also despite hanging towels up as requested if we didn't want them washing they still got changed daily. What a waste of energy.

Overall enjoyed our stay. All the staff were great.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Steven S
I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please rest assured that I will take note of
your comments and the matter will be addressed. I hope we can welcome you
back to the Novotel Edinburgh Centre very soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Here on business and expected the bland corporate robotic service but was pleasantly surprised at the room - nice touches and all the things you look for are there - iron tea coffee nice toiletries and comfy bed with lights that work ! Welcoming reception staff and, big surprise, delicious food in the bistro served by a professional waitperson who genuinely cared about customer service ! Well done ! Add to that a nice pool/ spa area, great location, and a weary businessman could do a lot worse than to rest their head here !

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Jon I
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Novotel Edinburgh Centre. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Situated at a great location. Could be quite tricky and far to walk to princes street but there is a bus stop near by the hotel which is great. The staff is really friendly. Room are clean but i found that the chair we got was a bit dusty.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

So glad you had an enjoyable time at Novotel Edinburgh Centre. We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Having Stayed in other Novotels I don't think this one is as good as the rest. The hotel was clean and the bedrooms were good too.,the breakfast and restaurant service was where it went wrong. We got seated after waiting 10 mins when there were plenty of tables. After eating our cereal I had to ask for tea and coffee when it finally arrived the teapot didn't have a lid on, instead they used a saucer. I am yet to find a side plate or teaspoon. My daughter waited 15 mins for the fried eggs to come out and the Danish pastry basket was empty and did not get replenished. I have stayed in other Novotels and have not had any negative comments to feedback but I feel that this needed be said as it is letting the rest of the hotel down.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

We at the Novotel Edinburgh Centre very much appreciate all your thoughts.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I used to go to IBIS hotels but wanted a more upmarket hotel this time; but to be honest I was a bit disappointed. I have no issues with the staff as they were very professional, helpful and available.
However, the standard of the room was really not what I would expect from a 4 star hotel. It was far too hot in the bedroom, therefore we could not sleep very well, there was no brochure with useful numbers (reception...etc) or how to use the TV. For the price, I would have expected a wider range of channels available.
The room itself needed some refurbishment (some skirtboards were falling off the wall). We did not use the pool or the gym therefore we cannot comment on them but we went to the restaurant for breakfast twice and once for dinner and we can say that the food served was very good. This is the second time I have been disappointed with hotels from this group and I am now considering not staying in their hotels anymore for future trips.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Barbara2704
Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed
your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address
them.