This is an okay hotel, but not exactly what you would expect a Novotel to be like. The room had a tired look, carpets need to be replaced (at least in the room I stayed in), and the breakfast spread could be better. But then, it is possible that I found it wanting after flying in from London, where I stayed at the far better DoubleTree Hilton.
This is a modern hotel, and the lobby area reflects that, with its layout & design etc, and yet surprisingly does not offer free wi-fi to guests in the room. (Wi fi access was available only in the lobby area.)
One positive was the location. Not too far from the city centre, although not exactly "in" the centre (as the name suggests).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Edinburgh Centre is an AA rated 4 star hotel in the centre of Edinburgh. Perfect for a holiday in the Scottish capital, close to Edinburgh Castle and the lively Grassmarket Area, 10 min walk from Princes Street shopping and the Royal Mile. The famous Arthurs Seat is 15 min walk away and Edinburgh International Airport 15 min drive. Relax with friends or family and enjoy Elements Restaurant and Bar, 24 hour room service, indoor pool, sauna, steam room, gym and whirlpool. Limited pay parking. Complimentary WiFi available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, ACCOR, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Novotel Edinburgh Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Edinburgh Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Accor Edinburgh Centre
- Edinburgh Novotel
- Novotel Edinburgh Centre Scotland