We stayed here for New Year 2012-13. It was me & my partner with my parents, my sister and her friend for 4 nights.
We booked 2 rooms (one of which was supposed to be an executive but was the same as a standard double room only it had a bigger hallway) The price for both rooms giving that one was a normal double room and the other an executive family room (a double bed with a sofa bed next to it) was a little pricey. I just put this down to us staying around new year time.
We had a few hiccups as our room was not ready by 4pm as the previous guests had not checked out until 3:30pm so we had to wait 45 minutes or so. In my parents room that is supposed to accommodate 4 people the staff had only supplied enough condiments for 2 people and upon asking the cleaner if we could have the proper condiments was unpleasant as he did not want to co-operate and couldn't be bothered to help us out.
Reception & Bar staff were great after they heard us talking about the trouble with the room they gave us all a free round of drinks and the receptionist also gave us a free drinks card each.
The breakfast was good, although being in scotland I would have liked to see more of a scottish element to the breakfast (ie - tattie scones, haggis, square sausage ect...)
The pool facilities were a little off putting as the changing rooms were very little and cramped with no were to get undressed or dressed you were left just a room with lockers - no privacy but apart from that the gym look clean, the pool was clean - although a little cold and the sauna and steam room were as you would expect.
The room itself was very clean, fresh towels were left daily, the bed was big and comfortable and for me and my partner it was just the right size for us. Although I do not recommend 4 people sharing one executive room, its just too cramped!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Edinburgh Centre is an AA rated 4 star hotel in the centre of Edinburgh. Perfect for a holiday in the Scottish capital, close to Edinburgh Castle and the lively Grassmarket Area, 10 min walk from Princes Street shopping and the Royal Mile. The famous Arthurs Seat is 15 min walk away and Edinburgh International Airport 15 min drive. Relax with friends or family and enjoy Elements Restaurant and Bar, 24 hour room service, indoor pool, sauna, steam room, gym and whirlpool. Limited pay parking. Complimentary WiFi available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Novotel Edinburgh Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Edinburgh Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Accor Edinburgh Centre
- Edinburgh Novotel
- Novotel Edinburgh Centre Scotland