2,350 results
All reviews bothy restaurant city centre tv in the mirror the main hotel lovely hotel edinburgh zoo bus stop little touches lovely room no lift booked this hotel tea and coffee full scottish breakfast cooked breakfast rugby buses receptionist
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed here on 28th October on business and arrived at a building site. I appreciate that hotels need updating and refurbishing from time to time but it really needs to close to just get the work done without inconvenience to the guests. There was dust everywhere and you had to be careful not to brush against the walls in case of wet paint. I wouldn’t have minded this so much if I wasn’t awoken at 7am to the sounds of workmen shouting loudly out my window and their radio blaring music.

The room itself was shabby and in need of an upgrade. The rooms on the website look significantly better and it may be that I got given a shabby room as the others are currently being upgraded. The window sill in the bathroom was filthy and the sink chipped and grubby round the sink hole. However the icing on the cake was the presence of five or six woodlice (at least I hope thats all they were) crawling all over the bathroom floor in the morning! It didn’t exactly instil confidence in what might have been crawling around in the middle of the night! Yuck!

Having said all of that, the staff were very friendly and attentive and I am sure are having to work hard in the hotel’s current state of disarray.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Central E, General Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Good Morning Erin G

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. As mentioned we have been refurbishing our hotel and we have tried to keep any inconvinince to a minimum.

I am glad the team did their utmost to make you feel at home, if you would like to contact me personally to arange to come back to enjoy the finished product I owuld be delighted to do so.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We are so lucky to have this hotel on our doorstep! The restaurant / bar has recently been refurbished. Visited on the opening day and had a lovely meal. Staff very friendly and loving the new cocktails on the menu. The beer garden has also been upgraded and is a great spot on summer days!

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Hi Kerry62_13

Thank you so much for your review, we all love our new bothy and with our amazing function room and private dining room due to open on Saturday we really will be able to look after all our locals no matter the occasion.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Popped in on the off chance on Saturday evening for an early tea with our daughter to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Upgraded bar and eating area looks terrific. My daughter ordered a burger from the childrens menu, I ordered a steak and onion burger and my husband had steak pie. I tend to rate a place on the effort they put into their childrens menu and presentation of childrens food, I was not disappointed. Delicious meaty homemade burgers, salad with lovely dressing. My husband's steak pie had lovely big chunks of meat, very little fat. One of the best he has had in a longtime. The waitress who served us was polite, engaging and friendly. Through discussion we mentioned our reason for being there was our wedding anniversary - as we sat down, we were given two complimentary glasses of fizz. A really lovely touch and totally unexpected. We will be back and have recommened the Bothy to several people.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Central E, General Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Hi 799Jennifer_S2013

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. We are delighted we could look after you for your anniversary and cant wait to see you again soon, we have recently refurbished our Murrayfield House which consisits of 9 unique bedrooms and would love to show you those next time you pop in.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The newly refurbished Bothy certainly has the Wow factor. Went in for lunch and drinks the other day and I must say I was blown away with what they had done to the place. The staff are very welcoming and knowledgeable with the new menu as we were spoiled for choice and couldn’t decide. Yes they are refurbishing the hotel, however I must say we didn’t notice at all as we were too busy working our way through the amazing cocktail list. Defiantly worth a visit and excellent value for money.
Looking forward to trying out their breakfast when I stay overnight for the rugby in November as the hotel is right across from the stadium.

Room tip: The Haggis balls with Whisky gravy are a must!
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Hi PMcallister

thank you so much for an amzing review, here at the bothy we love our new surroundings as much as our guests!!

Our new menu has something for everyone and thats before sampeling our unique cocktails.

We look forward to seeing you in November.

Colin brand

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Decided to try the newly renovated Bothy for food and drinks. The bar and eating area has been upgraded and looks very nice. However we were both disappointed in the new menu on offer. Old favourites that used to be served here such as Nachos, fajitas, mussels and scampi are no longer available which is a big shame. The burger and club sandwich we had were very average and quite pricey for the quality of food that was served. Basically won't be in a hurry to return as feel there is much better choice/quality on offer for the money elsewhere.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Central E, General Manager at Murrayfield Hotel and House, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Good afternoon G0lidie1

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Here at the Bothy we are delighted with our new look and glad you like it too, when updating our menu we tried very hard to get the balance of restaurant dishes and pub classics right, and while sadly we could not keep all the classics, we do still offer some of those tradional favouries like home made steak pie and freshly battered fish and chips.

I do hope to see you again soon.

Best Wishes