$180
$443
$553
$441
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbed dormfree walking tourgreat locationpubs and clubscommon roomcommon areasluggage storageroyal milegrass marketbeds were comfortableedinburgh castlecity centrehostelunisexnoisekickasslock
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had a good time at this hostel which his friendly with a fun atmosphere. The kitchen is complete and a good place to meet other travellers. The wifi is pretty bad but its probably the only thing I would have to say. I look forward to go back there :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 14, 2013

best hostel i've ever been to! If you dont mind sharing a clean bedroom with other young people, this is the best place to stay! perfectly located, near to everything, very very clean and nice decoration! Great breakfast aswell! the staff was very nice! I always recommend this place to people travelling to this great city!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were on the other side, in the private rooms, but running across the road was no problem when we had to go to the main desk or the bar. The room was lovely (maybe could have been heated better?) and sharing the bathroom was never a problem. Drinks at the bar were really cheappp, and I loved the black panther one or something? And the pub crawl, probably my favourite part as we got to meet so many people from around the world and all the pubs and clubs were really close to the hostel as well.

The staff there were really great (pretty much all australians, so it was nice to talk to them, hear our accent :p) - they let us use their kitchen, which was lovely. Location was really good, we pretty much walked to everywhere we wanted to see.

Only inconvinient part was hair dryers are only on the other side in the main building, but it wasn't too bad, we ran across the road, used theirs and came back.

Really, one of the best places I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2013

8 bed dorm was quite cramped. Had to pay for luggage storage but at least they are lockers which might be more secure. Wifi was BAD; always not working. Had to ask reception all the time to reset the router. Only worked when one is physically close to reception. Free walking tour conducted by the staff was bad; waste of time.
Showers were hot and sufficient hooks n rails inside stall. Onsite bar with loud music n drinks

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I love Budget Backpackers and already recommend it to everyone I know who is coming to Edinburgh through friends or the Britbound London Office. I stayed here for a week before moving into long stay for two weeks and was quite sad when it was time to move into my own flat. Everyone here is welcoming, friendly, and just the perfect amount of crazy. The pub crawls are great and the bar and cafe serve great cheap booze and food. The chill out room and kitchen facilities make it comfortable and liveable, as does the cheap laundry. I would say the only down side is it can be extremely noisy, but what fun backpackers isn't?

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo