“Love it!”
Review of Budget Backpackers

Budget Backpackers
Ranked #16 of 217 Specialty Lodging in Edinburgh
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a GREAT hostel for anyone in their teens or twenties! The bar is awesome with fairly cheap drinks, and the food at the cafe is delicious! They had really cool themed nights, and I really enjoyed the tree-house. I stayed in the 30 person room, which I thought I would dislike, but I had no problems at all. The location is AMAZING, and the staff is extremely helpful and nice! Definitely stay here if you're in Edinburgh!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Fairly clean. My biggest complaint was the cold showers. The best part was the walking tour they offer. Its very worthwhile and the guide was pretty funny. We did a bit of the pub crawl but it was Wednesday night so not too much was going on. This hostel also had heaters that didn't work very well in the room and bathroom. So it was worth the money for sure but the cold showers were a problem.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I spent three nights with some friends, and enjoy the stay at this hostel. The staff is really nice and helpful, the rooms are big and the bar is cheap (and there is a place to eat the food from outside).
The bad thing is that the bathrooms are mix and really freezing.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hostel is amazing! Such friendly (and australian) staff who were always willing to help and show you good places to go, its located in prime spot for the view and walk up to the castle, right near some great restaurants and pubs and cowgate, if you were looking to go out (edinburghs not that big anyway) its got a lovely cheap cafe and bar, a kickass treehouse relax spot with films and comfy sofas ect plus a kitchen where long term guests can make and store food. Overall i loved my time here, the beds were comfy and clean, linen is free, lockers provided (but bring your own lock!) I would definitely recommend staying here!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

If you are looking for the proper hostel experience Budget Backpackers is the place! I stayed in a four bed room and was just what you would expect but it worked for a short stay! The room has lockers for your stuff, if you need a lock it is an extra charge. Bring a towel cause there is a charge for that as well. Very clean hostel and friendly staff. The lounging area is perfect pub crawls almost every night which I would highly recommend you get to meet a ton of people from all over the world! The lounge is a chill area with cheap drinks, really cheap food, a pool table, games and what not!

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

They had freshly painted our room so it reeked of lead paint and we couldn't open the window. However, the hostel was in an incredible location, the showers were hot and the drinks and food in the cafe very, very reasonably priced. Definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I tryed to checked-in at 7:00am after finish my shift at work. After staying in other hostel last weeks I decided to come here because was nearer to my work.
They has told me that the check-in is at 13:00 and then I decided to cancell my booking for the 4 nights (with the correct payment of cancellation) and they didn't understand it that in the case of waiting till 13:00 I prefer to stay in the same hostel as before.
"Now you pay the cancellation and leave the hostel" that was the answer to a customer that prefer another hostel. Just rude.
Sorry to say this but I would not recommend this hostel.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
BudgetB, Manager at Budget Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

We are so sorry we where not able to check you in at 7.00am, unfortunately we where fully booked and we had wait until the previous guests checked out at 10.00am The cleaners then need to get in to the room to clean it. Customers arriving early can drop their luggage in our safe and secure luggage storage area prior to check in. We are saddened you decided to cancel your booking due to 1.00pm check in time. We value all our customers comments and reviews and take very seriously our customer service and Hostel guest experience..

Budget Backpackers