I was so worried about staying at Cowgate after reading the other reviews, however, I have to say that it really is not that bad at all. It's in a great location. My room was clean and comfortable. I liked the big sofa in the kitchen and the bathroom was clean. The girl on reception was lovely (if somewhat frazzled!) and gave me great advice on what to do with a free day.
The bad points were that it was noisy at night (take ear plugs), the fridge was a bit smelly and the stairs up to the flat were slippy (my friend fell down them).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hostel with a difference! Our 168 bed hostel contains 12 individually lockable apartments all fully fitted with their own toilet, shower rooms and kitchen/lounge including an oven, microwave, fridge freezer, toaster, plates, dishes, cutlery and cooking pots. An apartment sleeps between 8 and 22 people in a combination of 4 and 6 bed dorms and twin or double rooms. That's 12 fully fitted kitchens and 17 shower rooms with toilets plus 12 separate private toilets! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Cowgate Tourist Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cowgate Tourist Hotel Edinburgh
- Cowgate Tourist Hostel Edinburgh, Scotland