The room reeks of some horrible air "freshener" (?). It's vile. I tried to make it go away by opening the window and the door but it clung on like wall paper. Simply awful. Awful. Can't be healthy. Really uncosy place, all in all. Filthy. Dirt on the floor. Pubic hair in the bed. Clogged drains. I'd say: do not stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hostel with a difference! Our 168 bed hostel contains 12 individually lockable apartments all fully fitted with their own toilet, shower rooms and kitchen/lounge including an oven, microwave, fridge freezer, toaster, plates, dishes, cutlery and cooking pots. An apartment sleeps between 8 and 22 people in a combination of 4 and 6 bed dorms and twin or double rooms. That's 12 fully fitted kitchens and 17 shower rooms with toilets plus 12 separate private toilets! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, HostelWorld, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Cowgate Tourist Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cowgate Tourist Hotel Edinburgh
- Cowgate Tourist Hostel Edinburgh, Scotland