Quiet, comfortable, good location, helpful staff. Perhaps a minor annoyance was the bed which was very creaky so I imagine people enjoyed knowing my every movement. The shower was fine in my view.
The best aspect of the hostel is that there is a good degree of freedom, I didn't feel like it was over-regulated like some other hostels can be. This made it feel like a home away from home :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our quiet, friendly, clean, 4 star hostel offers a wide range of facilities and services including free wi-fi with additional access to our sunny garden. We are located beside Edinburgh's Meadows Park where most attractions are only a short distances walk. We offer several rooms that can accommodate 4 to 6 people as well as various private rooms that include: doubles, twins and triples beds. We are student friendly! For students it is only a short distance to travel to Edinburgh University Campus and Napier University's central campus. Additionally you will find by staying with us that everything you need is close by. The area offers various organic food stores, locally owned shops, supermarkets, cafes and pubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Argyle Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Argyle Backpackers Hotel Edinburgh
- Argyle Backpackers Edinburgh, Scotland