The Edinburgh Townhouse
  • Pool
Rabble Rooms(Edinburgh)
  • Bar/Lounge
    View Hotel
      All reviewsgreat locationstairs to climbno elevatorrose streetcentral locationsingle roomprinces streetrestaurants and shopsmain attractionscomfortable roomb bwould stay againguest housea lovely stayshort stayshort walktrain station
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

... You don't chose the twin room. We mixed up our booking so we got a twin instead of a double room. The room upstairs is really small and I could not stand upright. The room is backed with two beds and almost no place for a suitcase.... But we were able to change the room part of our time to one with private bathroom. This was nice. Waterflow In the shower is a bit low pressure. Staff is nice to and helpful. Breakfast is great. The place is very close to princess street. You can walk to the old town within 10 minutes.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Me and two other friends stayed here for one night and it was nice. The location is excellent and the hotel is really clean. The owner was friendly. We ordered pizza in and she had no problem with us eating it in our room. The check out time was quite early though. It was fine, but it meant we had to hang about for quite a while until our train home. Also, we had to share a bathroom with another room. When we realised this we were a little freaked out, but it was no bother at all. We didn't even meet the other room. There was no shower either. This meant we had to sit in the bath and hold the shower over. Also, there is a LOT of stairs. It didn't bother me at all. But if you were to have a suitcase or a lot of bags, it might be a bit of an effort. But what do you expect from a townhouse? Overall a lovely experience. Very clean and friendly and a cosy room. I would say, however, that they need a full-length mirror in the room.

2  Thank AbbeySproul
      Reviewed March 6, 2013

It was so nice to find a friendly welcome here and especially as I had arrived way before the 3 o'clock check-in time. The charming owner and his Housekeeper Judy took care of my luggage and gave me some ideas on what to do around the city. What a lovely, warm, familly feel to this Georgian Townhouse where my comfort for three days was not compromised. Just a few steps from the main door you can find an array of great eateries and lovely wine bars as well as a great view of the castle. It was such a great location for so many things that I will most definately return with my friends next time:) Thank-you for your warm hospitality, your friendly smiles and your cozy bedroom which I believe you have just renovated...lovely! x

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
      Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed at The Edinburgh Townhouse for two nights with my two friends. This was an ideal place for us to stay as it is smack bang in the middle of Edinburgh, a two minute walk away from Princes Street and a five minute walk from the train station. The room was a decent size for what we paid however the bathroom was a little on the small side but did the job. Everything was very clean. Would have been nice to see the owner a bit more, as we only met him on arrival. The housekeeper was very friendly though and was happy to help.

1  Thank Hannah L
      Reviewed March 4, 2013

excellent accomodation,great value for moneyin the centre of Edinburgh. Walking distance to most sights. Very friendly and accomodating staff, overall great experiance. The only minues that I can find is stairs...some rooms are located on the 4th floor and no lift so defnitely not buggy friendly.