“Great location, comfortable and clean.”

The Edinburgh Townhouse
Ranked #39 of 392 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
memphis, ny
“Great location, comfortable and clean.”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Found this to be perfectly located. Was able to walk from the rail station or to the Royal Mile with the map the owner provided me upon arrival. Clean and cozy. Not sure I could ask for more.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank pookle1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Czech first
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Great location and we haggled the price down so it was good.

However the ceilings were about 6ft max, the room had slopping ceilings so it was very hard to stand up, the breakfasts were only served 8-9am, oh and the bathroom was tiny too!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank MrMarkThomas
limoges
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This guesthouse is iedally located for a city break with an easy access to all major attractions.
Despite the cleanliness and the comfortable room, I must admit that I did not sleep that well as the neighbourhood was noisy (works just down the street) and I couldn't close the window properly!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Kinnelon, New Jersey
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This B&B is within easy walking distance of all the essential sights in downtown Edinburgh. The staff is top notch with a strong service orientation.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Scotland
Reviewed May 8, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights to attend a training course for work. I found the Guesthouse very easily by foot from Waverley Station. It seems to be in a really nice neighbourhood and is only 10 minutes walk from the Castle and all the other tourist attractions.

I stayed in a single room which was an adequate size. The bed was comfy and the shower was perfect. The sink in the bathroom was really small though - awkwardly small! I experienced no problems with noise during my stay and generally had a comfortable nights sleep on both nights.

The lady who checked me in was also the same person to serve me breakfast. The continental breakfast was reasonably good and the lady tried very hard to make all the guests feel welcome and ensure that they had everything the needed.

I would stay here again if I was able to find a decent price for the room. Its certainly not more than a 2 or 3 star property but its location really is excellent and I would consider using it as a base for my wife and I to explore Edinburgh from in the future.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank FuriousdScotland
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2011

We had booked a room for 2 nights for hogmany and my wife's birthday. Positives: Great location and nil else. Negatives: Initial problems with booking as owner Tod cancelled a confirmed booking via lateroom by altering price and booking terms after confirmation by lateroom. Later he argued on the phone blaming laterooms had not updated the website, Laterooms callcentre sorted the problem after I complained. It was revealed that the owner was being dishonest and it was not lateroom's fault. Tod accepted to honour the booking as initially confirmed after laterooms threatened that he would never be allowed to advertise with them (I was told this by callcentre employee). Then on arrival, we were met by a deligent lady in her late 60s (I think). Although she was keen to please guests, she was running a one person show doing everything from greeting to cleaning to serving breakfast. The townhouse had 4 flights of stairs before reception and another 2 to our room. Room was very basic and small (for GBP110 per night) and all furniture (room and downstairs) was cheap. The bathroom had no shower, only a bath tub with no pressure in taps, and the owners had placed Asda smartprice toilet paper and shower gel there!!!!! In the morning, there was only cold breakfast with only 3 basic (and cheap) cereals, asda smartprice orange juice and some toast (cheap bread). Ultimately, we were so let down the we cut our stay and left before the 2nd night. Never go there please.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SonalNigam
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 28, 2005

This B&B was a 2 star, at best. I was booked into a single room (one twin bed). Room was so small I could not even open my suitcase. Bed was miserable and pillow was the disposable type used in hospitals. My room was next just off of the lobby and breakfast room, making it very noisy, so forget sleeping in. Room was also not clean and not ready until after 2pm. If you have heavy bags or issues with stairs, beware this is on on the 3rd floor.

Would not recommend this B&B and will stay elsewhere on next trip.

• Stayed March 2005