“Very pleasant stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ardgarth Guest House
Ranked #153 of 393 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 21, 2010

We stayed 2 nights, 3 adults. The location, hospitality of the host and staff was excellent. Convinient parking on street. Easy bus service to all inner city attractions.
With a car- take car and leave at the Staduim Shopping Center (free), and take the frequently running bus from there.
First night was top room (9)- ample space, but very small en-suite bathroom. Power shower problematic (as most of them are!).
The second night room no. 6- huge, very comfortable. Not en-suite, but not a problem. No shortage of "public" bathrooms.
Breakfest was very good.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank rfourier
There are newer reviews for Ardgarth Guest House

Reviewed July 11, 2010

We travelled to Edinburgh as a surprise for my Mum's 60th birthday and I cannot praise enough the welcome and the service we received from Ursula and her family. She made a real fuss of Mum and made us all feel so welcome.

I'm a wheelchair user and found access brilliant. We had the downstairs room and there was plenty of room to manoevure. The bathroom/wetroom was also ideal. Ursula gave us a guided tour and offered to move or change anything that wasn't suitable. Parking outside was also easy and plentiful.

I would definitely recommend Ardgarth to a friend. My partner and I intend to return in the not too distant future for a weekend break on our own. Portobello is ideally placed for visiting Edinburgh and its surroundings as it is away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre but not too far to be inconvenient.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2010

We spent 3 nights in Ardgarth Guest House. I stay at hotels and guest houses quite often, but I have never so satisfied with any of them. The location is perfect (it`s near Portobello beach), you can reach the city centre in 10 minutes by local buses. Ursula, the owner is a very lovely person, who is not only lovely, but also very professional in running her business. The room was bright and clean, recently refurbished. We slept very well (although our room was facing to the street). They cleaned the room, changed the towels (and I think the bedlinen as well) daily. Free wifi in the house. The breakfast is served quickly, you can choose from 3 breakfast menus, but if you wish they make you other variations as well. All the staff was kind and helpful. Congratulations Ursula! (I think she collects teapots, so next time, when we return, I`ll definitely bring her one....)

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank messecina
Reviewed June 23, 2010

This is a lovely B&B with easy access to the city centre. I stayed there for 4 nights and found it really comfortable. After a busy day it's a real benefit to return to the Ardgarth Guest House and to have a nice stroll down the lovely beach. I can recommend this B&B 100%. The owner was very helpful, the staff really nice and the breakfast was very good with a wide choice of food. The room was clean and nicely furnished. I would definitely go back there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Cridhe65
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I have recently stayed at the Ardgarth Guest House, Edinburgh, and just wanted to say what a delightful establishment it is. Having stayed there a couple of years ago and again was very impressed, particularly because I was travelling with my very disabled father, who was also suffering from Parkinson's Disease. One of the main reasons I sought this particular guest house was because of the standard of their disabled facilities, and we were not disappointed. The room I had chosen for my father was just perfect for his needs. The free parking and easy access (ramp) to the room on the ground floor made for a comfortable arrival. The room was light and fresh and spacious enough especially for getting to the bathroom which was just perfect, especially the shower facilities and proper wet chairs with breaks!
The dining room and gorgeous choice of breakfasts were again, so lovely, as was the service.
The owner, Ursula Wright could not have been more helpful, then, and on my recent visit and can only thank her for making it another pleasurable visit. To sum up I would describe this guest house as very hospitable, homely and professional all at the same time!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank LilyStaffordshire
Reviewed April 19, 2010

I stayed for one week at the Ardgarth Guest House with friends. Ursula and her staff made us all feel very welcome. Each morning we were provided with a wonderful breakfast in a nice atmosphere. Ursula often suggested places for us to visit or helped by offering her opinion about our choices for trips. Ensuring our comfort and addressing concerns were high importantly to Ursula; she made sure that we knew that we could approach her with any issues.

I hope to go back and visit Edinburg again and I plan to stay at the Ardgarth Guest House both for the hospitality and the convenience of its location. There's plenty of parking available for a car, but there are buses just down at the corner heading to the city center of Edinburgh. Plus there are many good restaurants in the area.

Many thanks, Ursula and staff!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2010

I really enjoyed staying at Ursula's guest house. She and "her girls" were so helpful. As was her son in carrying up the luggage to the room. They went out of their way to give us directions and make the stay enjoyable. Delicious breakfast, nice rooms and it was great to chat with them. I will definitely stay here again - when in Edinburgh. The location is great for those who don't necessarily want to stay in the center, but want to get there easily. The beach was so nice to walk along and as we rented a car, the house is near major roads that are easy to travel around. Thanks for a restful place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends