I cannot fault my stay in this hotel. I go to Edinburgh a lot for business so have stayed in lots of hotels there and this has been the best.
From the moment I walked in I was made to feel very welcome. The ladies on reception were utterly lovely and chatty, and upgraded me to a castle view room! My room was lovely - had a fantastic view, and two double beds!! The shower was nice and very powerful, and the toiletries provided were good quality. When I went off to my meeting a taxi was booked for me which arrived very promptly.
When I returned to my meeting I went to the gym. It is small but functional and I was the only one in there. Then I went for a swim in the lovely pool, where you can watch Edinburgh life go by, AND see the castle. The tropicarium is lovely to warm up and dry off, and not too hot like a sauna would be.
For dinner, I decided to opt for room service as I was alone. I ordered fish and chips and a glass of wine which arrived promptly, hot, and beautifully presented. It was delicious, could not fault it at all. The next morning at breakfast I was seated with a lovely view of the castle. The staff were very attentive, and I had a delicious Scottish breakfast.
At checkout the staff were very friendly and were concerned about my trip home as the whole country had very bad snow. I had decided to get an earlier train than planned, so was disappointed to be checking out early.
All in all I could not recommend this hotel more for a solo traveller. I had a great deal price wise and everything was faultless. Thank you, Apex International!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apex Grassmarket Hotel is located in Edinburgh’s vibrant Grassmarket. Nearby, you’ll find the characteristic Edinburgh Castle, Greyfriars Kirkyard and The Royal Mile, making this hotel the perfect place to stay if you’re looking to explore the city. Your room will be stocked with both essentials and added extras like complimentary Wi-Fi, luxurious Elemis toiletries and a 42” LCD TV. Choose a Deluxe or Family room and you’ll also get an Edinburgh Castle view to make your stay extra special. Kick-start your day with a refreshing swim in the hotel swimming pool or use the Technogym fitness studio, free of charge. Later you can try some unique fusion food to share created by the well-known Edinburgh Chef, Tony Singh in the hotel restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Apex Grassmarket Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex International Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex International
- Apex Grassmarket Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland