Booked this hotel as part of a weekend trip to Edinburgh. Coveniently close to some good restaurants & pubs , looking out towards The Castle. Reception staff was courteous, helpful and provided us with lots of useful info. Room was spacious (2 double beds + lots of pillows) and supplied with all mod cons. One major plus: free Wifi ! Letś hope this will become a trend; getting tired of having being charged ridiculous rates for such a basic service... Breakfast is decent, ranging for standard continental to full Scottish.
On the minus side: rooms could do with a new coat of paint and furniture has known better days. Hallway interior resembles the Catacombs; a bit dark. Hotel has a very modern interior (bar, reception, restaurant, swimming pool) otherwise.
Would definitly recommend this hotel for its convenient location and agreeable athmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Edinburgh’s old town, this contemporary four star hotel has 169 stylish rooms, many with panoramic views of the castle and city skyline. Designed for comfort, the rooms include 42 inch wide screen LCD TV, large desk, free Wi-Fi and local calls, tea and coffee, luxury toiletries, iron and ironing board. Facilities include restaurant, bar, meeting and event space for up to 250 delegates, and pool, tropicarium and gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, LateRooms, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Apex Grassmarket Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex International Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex International
- Apex Grassmarket Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland