“Worth visiting”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dhaba Diner - CLOSED

Dhaba Diner
Cuisines: Indian, Spanish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Neighborhood: Southside & Holyrood
Description: Dhaba Diner west Nicolson Street, serving authentic Indian food in tapas style, Dhaba diner is unique,small yet very cosy
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth visiting”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We went with our family last week. Just aroma is enough to make your mouth water. Amazing food and very well trained staff.Will definately recommend that to others.

• Visited January 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great ambience, some service hiccups but overall worth the £”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Went here for the Facebook £15 January deal which was a bargain for 2 people. I was hoping for really top notch food after reading the other reviews and was *slightly* disappointed. HOWEVER this is part of the fun of the tapas. I tried something I'd never tried before (the dosa pancake) which really wasn't to my palate, but I definitely had enough other food, so I didn't see it as a big loss and it was nice to try something different. The garlic chicken was lovely, and my partner loved the lamb and I've seen a couple of other items on the menu I'm up for trying so we will definitely be back for another go.
My only real complaints would be that the service was bit all over the place. The ladies were friendly enough, but we were served by 3 different ladies and our rice didn't come out till our first lot of dishes had gone cold. It would be nice to get most dishes that go together all at the same time, and then maybe step things like the dosa after.
Overall I was happy with the price and the food, definitely enough to give it another try, and hope the rice comes out on time :)
One thing I would say to the proprietors is get some better more ambient photos on your website. I can honestly say I was really pleasantly surprised when I walked down to lovely decor and ambient lighting. The pictures on the website don't do it justice.

• Visited January 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great Indian Tapas Food”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The food here is brilliant and the staff are very friendly, attentive and welcoming. We chose 6 dishes between two people (staff recommended 2-3 dishes each) and none of them disappointed with the highlight the butter chicken, I highly recommend it! You can buy drinks there but you can also bring your own with the corkage per person very cheap. Will definitely be going here again!

Edinburgh
“Bland”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I'm amazed at all the great reviews. 12 of us were in last week, got a banquet and most of the dishes were bland, very little spice and not very warm. Not much meat either. Service was friendly but food was a big let down.

Uppsala, Sverige
“Just perfect!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Ate here and I would do it again and again. The service was great, everyone was nice, smiling and explained the menu choices, there was a lot on the menu!
The food was almost too good :) Could have eaten more if i wasn't already full! Try the mushrooms in tomato souse, absolutely awesome! We eat 6 different meals plus rice and bread, split it for two people. Awesome!
Remember to bring your own beer/wine thou the selection is really minimal!!!