“Dinner - DIY Style!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nando's

Nando's
Ranked #694 of 2,437 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: This is the third location of Nando's opened in Edinburgh, UK. Tripadvisor has listings for the 1st two restaurants.
Edinburgh
“Dinner - DIY Style!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have to admit that I find this a very difficult review to write. I had no expectations of Nandos and was unsure how the visit would go.

My friend is an old hand at Nandos and speaks very highly of it so he took me along to the Chambers Street branch in Edinburgh about 8pm on a Saturday night in April.
As you would expect it was very busy. We waited about 10 or 15 mins for a table which was fine. I'd looked at the menu online and was completely baffled but found it easier to navigate once seated.

I didn't realise we had to do most of the work ourselves - go to bar to order and pay then go and collect drinks, cutlery, sauces etc

We were seated upstairs and it was basic I felt. It was rather chilly and lacked atmosphere even though there were few empty tables and one large group of young ladies. We sat right in the middle and there was plenty of traffic to and from the till, past our table and this caused a chilly draft on me with each passing person.

The food took nearly half an hour to arrive as it was so busy but I am assured that this is not the normal speed of service.

We both had butterfly chicken breast which was ample. I had the mash which was nice. I also had the corn on the cob which was very average. While there is nothing much you can do wrong with corn it was not as sweet and juicy as corn should be!

The staff were pleasant and young (kept calling every one 'guyz' !) and the food was average.

If you are looking for fine dining in luxury surroundings this is not for you.On the other hand if you are looking for simple unpretentious grub at a reasonable price, before you go out boozing of a weekend, in a relaxed, casual and unhurried atmosphere then this would suit you perfectly.

Will I return ?

Well yes probably, but it will depend on the day, my mood and my dining companion(s)

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good food, bright airy space, kiddie friendly!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I brought some friends to their first visit to Nandos, and I think they will probably come back! The food was good, it's a nice bright, airy place, and kids are well looked after. The two and a half year old was provided with colouring pens and paper plus some cards and stickers, and was kept well occupied. He also enjoyed his food-particularly the 'ice cream' at the end! Staff were friendly and helpful too. And I have been a fan of their chicken and peri chips for many years, and I wasn't disappointed! Very useful location too, with it being so close to the Museum.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“First visit, wasn't wowed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

As a vegetarian, a chicken restaurant isn't normally what I'd go for, but as I was meeting friends there I went with fairly open expectations.

The Restaurant on first impressions was clean and bright, and the staff welcoming. We were seated upstairs, where on further inspection you realise that the decor is fairly cut & paste chain-store bland and the booth we were sitting in could've done with a wipe down.

I was pleasantly surprised though that there were quite a number of vegetarian options on the menu (although not impressed by the lack of food advice information e.g. vegetarian or suitable for coeliacs) and opted for a mediteranian salad and a side of hummus and pitta bread. The hummus came with a little bottle of spicy piri piri sauce, which also seemed to be the same flavour that was on the salad and, i presume, most other dishes.

I ordered the salad, hummus and a glass of wine and it came to roughly £15. After being given a dirty wine glass (I know lipstick stains are all too common) the girl behind the till was quite happy to swap it for a clean one.

Overall the food was fine. Nothing inspired, and for that reason I won't be rushing back, but it's nice to know they do cater to vegis.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Dingwall, United Kingdom
“Good atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I've been to a few branches of Nandos, this was my first visit to Chamber Street. I liked it. The staff were warm and friendly. We were there at Sunday lunchtime with friends - it was busy. We were given a table upstairs - right in the corner window great views including Greyfriars Bobby! A good table to get especially of you are a tourist. The food was fine - the service was good. Even though the restaurant was busy the staff were happy to let us stay and chat at our table as long as we wanted. Good decor -might try it in the evening.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“great food polite staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

after reading previous reviews for this branch of nandos i did not expect it to be a good visit however my son had fallen asleep in his buggy and i did not want to pass the chance of a tantrum free lunch so as i was passing i went in,was seated straight away,offered help with doors and stairs as i had the buggy,staff were friendly and helpful,place was spotless (including the ladies) staff were helpful enough to sit me in the big booth in back corner as it was not too busy so i had plenty of room,atmosphere was nice and chilled out just what is needed by lunchtime.
food was great i had the medium chicken wrap with chips and peri salt and a side of 3 medium chicken wings,it only took 5 mins for food to arrive it was hot,chips were fresh,taste was great overall a really nice meal,was asked a few times if everything was ok and if i needed anything,i noticed someone had commented on sauce bottles being greasy and grubby but at the time i was there i found everything to be very clean so dont be put off this branch!

• Visited January 2013