“great food polite staff”
Review of Nando's

Nando's
Ranked #642 of 2,572 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: This is the third location of Nando's opened in Edinburgh, UK. Tripadvisor has listings for the 1st two restaurants.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

after reading previous reviews for this branch of nandos i did not expect it to be a good visit however my son had fallen asleep in his buggy and i did not want to pass the chance of a tantrum free lunch so as i was passing i went in,was seated straight away,offered help with doors and stairs as i had the buggy,staff were friendly and helpful,place was spotless (including the ladies) staff were helpful enough to sit me in the big booth in back corner as it was not too busy so i had plenty of room,atmosphere was nice and chilled out just what is needed by lunchtime.
food was great i had the medium chicken wrap with chips and peri salt and a side of 3 medium chicken wings,it only took 5 mins for food to arrive it was hot,chips were fresh,taste was great overall a really nice meal,was asked a few times if everything was ok and if i needed anything,i noticed someone had commented on sauce bottles being greasy and grubby but at the time i was there i found everything to be very clean so dont be put off this branch!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were wandering around Oldtown looking for somewhere to eat in the pouring rain on Boxing Day, and stumbled upon a Nandos. The light at the end of the tunnel. A spacious nandos, not too busy and lot of room to move around. Incredibly friendly service and the food was good. If we were local we would be here all the time.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have been to a few Nando's in my time, and have to say, beside's Dundee branches teething problems that will hopefully be ironed out, this Nando's was pretty abysmal.

The staff are generally ok, but there is one in particular that actually makes me turn on my heels and go back out again. She is quite snide in her interactions, has smacked my credit card and nando's card on the counter at me and while ordering has interrupted me quite rudely to be cheeky. I do not go in if she is on.

More recently though, the food hasn't been up to scratch. Portion's of rice all stuck together and hard, and half the usual portion. Chips cold and again half the regular portion when I'd paid for a large. Chicken burger with a massive god knows what on it, looked like a boil, thank god I didn't bite into it. Giving chicken leg when breast was ordered.

Staff are also not in the know with the Nando's card scheme. Very odd.

This branch need's to up it's game. Fountainbridge venue is top notch. They should spend a day with the Chamber's St guys to show them how it is done.

Credit where credit is due though, the Australian/New Zealand guy who works here is very pleasant. He always seems to be doing more work than everyone else too! Was in for take out and he was zipping about while others looked bored. Poor guy. He is an asset to the branch.

1  Thank Lola H
Reviewed October 4, 2012

had never been to nandos and wanted too see what all the fuss was about, so I went one night as couldn't get into another eatery close by.

We entered and were greeted by a lady, who obviously doesn't like working, or doesnt like working for Nandos! She sat us at a dirty table (never wiped it) and asked " have you been to nandos before". I answered "No", the look I got was incredible, it was as if I had asked to wear her babies head as a broach!
She informs us about "Nandos" so fast, I couldn't take it all in!
Then we sat for ages and realised one must order and pay at the bar (not too unlike a wetherspoons pub, which I'm also not a fan of), I went to the bar, ordered and paid, then sat again.
We were told my the people at the next table that we should get sauces from another part of room, I went a picked up what can only be described as bacteria nurseries/havens that the sauces were kept in. These bottles hadn't been wiped for days! yuk yuk yuk!!!
I left the sauces and headed back to the table to wait another 20 mins to be fed cold chicken (which was supposed to be hot) and frozen uncooked chips!
We didn't complain at the time but left after paying the bill and feeling slightly ill !!!
NEVER AGAIN. PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THIS OR ANY NANDOS!!!

4  Thank adkeir
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Went here for a birthday meal and what a disappointment Chicken platter consisted of four incinerated bits of dry chicken some cold chips and some thing pretending to be corn on the cob which was so dry I was not sure what it was, They did change the corn on the cob which looked and tasted a lot better so not sure why they served it in the first place, The floor was covered in food and for a newish restaurant it all seemed a bit run down .Staff were friendly and helpful but nothing could make up for the dehydrated, terrible food This was a first visit to Nandos and I can only hope that there are better branches.

1  Thank sunshine600