“The worst Nandos ever visited”
Review of Nando's

Nando's
Ranked #683 of 2,460 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: This is the third location of Nando's opened in Edinburgh, UK. Tripadvisor has listings for the 1st two restaurants.
London, United Kingdom
“The worst Nandos ever visited”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I've been to Nandos all over the world from - London to Cape Town and more and I just love the food they serve. But this Nandos on Chambers street was the worst ever in terms of everything right form food to service.
I collect points on my loyalty card on every visit and I was told here that they don't accept these cards in Scotland which was a disappointment but was still understandable. We ordered for a butterfly chicken and chicken liver portugese roll which took forever to come. When I asked the waitress 20 minutes later she gave me a 'do you think I care??' look. And, she didn't even bother to ask the kitchen staff about the order. Finally, the food arrived in about half an hour and the chicken liver was so dry it didn't have the regular sauce in it(I've had it loads of times in London and can't go wrong with that). I was very very unhappy with the visit and this has never happened to me before. Nandos is one restaurant which I always look forward to visiting. I've been to super busy Nandos branches and their staff has always served in reasonable time and with a smile. This is the first time I'm rating a chain restaurant on trip advisor because I just couldn't tolerate these low standards from Nandos. People should get the right value for the money they spend regardless of the location.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank n2cool

York, United Kingdom
“Not quite fast but good food”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Ate here twice during two visits to the festival. Good location for flitting between venues during the fringe and for the National Museum. Not much to say about the food itself, it’s just Nando's which seem to be reliable wherever you go! The service can be quite slow when its busy and you can battle to get sauces so i wouldn't recommend if you're in a hurry!

• Visited August 2012
“Good chicken”
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Very friendly staff, nice food and quick brilliant that the soft drink are what they call bottomless (free refills) as it was a very hot day.

Perth, United Kingdom
“Quite Surprising for Fast Food”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Owing to a very tight schedule I had to grab some food anywhere close to the National Museum of Scotland. I don't do a lot of fast food and so was a bit anxious but as Nando's was directly across the road, it was the logical choice. I have to say I was rather surprised. The butterflied chicken breast with a lime and mango piri-piri dressing was quite tasty. The side order of creamy mash was very good and the other side of peas was quite acceptable. One thing that always puts me off is soft drinks served from a self service fountain rather than a bottle. The diet coke I chose was served this way but there was no limit to how many refills you could take. I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that the drink from the fountain was actually very good and I would be hard pushed to taste the difference between this and the bottled version. The staff were very friendly, pleasant and helpful and I would actually consider visiting this restaurant again some time.

• Visited July 2012
“great piri piri chickens”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

it is kind of a fast foodish place, however much better than other fast foods I have ever tried. I am not a great fun of eating out in these sort of places, but Nandos is definitely good value for money. Chicken are delicious, cooked on the flamed grill so have this bbq feel, which one cannot have often in Scotland due to the weather. I ate twice in this particular branch, my food was tasty and the staff was great. I cannot complain.

• Visited June 2012