“Love it love it”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Love it love it”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

The best of staff, the plushest of surroundings, I love love love the Dominion cinema, and would rather pay a family enterprise cash than lien the pockets of huge conglomerates such as the Odeon. Pop corn and wine on sofas, watching a move, where else....

• Polish first
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Amazing comfort”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Dominion has become my favourite cinema - not just in Edinburgh, anywhere! More comfortable than my own lounge, I love settling into one of their sofas or armchairs, putting my feet up (they have foot rests, how cool is that?!) and enjoying the film. If I had one small quibble it would be that their films tend to be mostly mainstream blockbusters, however I haven't reduced my rating from Excellent to very Good because that's a matter of personal taste - I prefer independent, quirky films. If there is a film that I want to see then the Dominion will always be my first choice. A lovely, family-run cinema that offers something different to the larger chains.

Visited May 2014
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Comfy-est”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I would always want to rent movies so I could watch them on my couch. With the Dominion, I get the perks of the cinema and my living room in one! The tickets are more expensive but you get crisps and a small drink with it too. And there aren't so many adverts.

1 Thank Jackie K
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Family run cinema”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The most comfortable cinema I have ever visited! Full bar so can enjoy a bottle of wine aswell as snacks. You can tell its family run as it has a special feel.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank David D
UK
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Local cinema”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We go quite regularly to our local cinema. Its a privately owned and you can tell by its ambient surroundings. The staff are always pleasant and well mannered. Would recommend this cinema to everyone.

1 Thank Sandra M