“Great food”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
“Great food”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Great food, excellent service and a very reasonable price. There isn't a lot of seating space, but there is food available to go, so it is also possible (and worthwhile) to buy something and take it home or to the park.
My only criticism would be that there isn't a toilet for customer use.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Philip d

Castle Douglas, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Popped in by chance”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Was passing an went in for lunch. It is a family run Sicilian cafe. We ordered 2 coffees and 2 paninnis from the specials which were excellent. They were excellent value. Service was friendly. You can hire the whole place in the evening which will take about 30. Also you can order an evening meal in the morning on your way to work and pick it up when you finish.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Duncan G
“Amazing”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I go here regularly - soya hot chocolates are lovely. Salads are yummy. Safe are friendly and really helpful. Music is always low, lots of people chilling out and just having a nice relaxing coffee / lunch.

One of my favourite places.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank obsessed_monkey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“just great!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I found this place accidentally just after my holidays in Italy. So I was pleased to find inside some shelves with real italian food (like pasta, passatas,and sweets)! The place was full of Italians, so I felt like I'm back to Italy! Since the place seemed very cosy and the staff was really friendly I came back with my friend for lunch- and I was really impressed ! I was enjoying my sandwich with every bite! The coffee was great too and the staff was extremely friendly again! We were joking with my fried that we are lucky that this place is quite far from where we live,, because otherwise we would be sitting there everyday!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Papujste M
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“excellent coffee pretty close to real italian coffee. Cosy atmosphere”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Very nice little independent cafe run by a family from Sicily (brother, sister and Dad). It has excellent service, one of the best coffee's in Edinburgh and pretty close to the coffee you get in Italy. Very nice paninis (and well priced) as are the cakes. They also sell specialised products from Italy that are not easy to find outside the country. The only critic I would give is the pasta dishes. Tasty but small and overpriced for what they are. Pasta is cheap and fast to make and as they promote real italian cousine (simple cooking with easy to find first ingredients) they should be cheaper (or bigger portions)

• Visited December 2013