Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel
$198
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$211
$205
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$146
$139
  • Bar/Lounge
Fraser Suites Edinburgh(Edinburgh)
$173
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$126
$175
  • Pool
$121
$116
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$116
$92
  • Bar/Lounge
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$137
$128
2,932 results
All reviewsprinces streetopposite the castlegreat locationcastle viewmeal dealrose streetfamily roombudget hotelexcellent staygood nights sleeproom was spotlesstrain stationwould definitely stay here againnight's sleepbars and restaurantsshort breakroyal mile
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We booked hear for over night stay .On entering the room it was like a Sauna .We had to put Aircon on .Then got to cold so was back off the got too hot again .I know its only for sleeping in but it was too hot the whole night not very comfortable .Sleep we had .The room was very clostic phobia for me as we have stayed in may PI BUT this was far the smallest we have had for what we paid .We requested a view to the frount but our usally back end room looking on a roof .Even the lobbies to the rooms were like saunas ..We had breakie in the morning .Then checked out .We did not get our room till just about 2 pm .Most of them let you in before 2 but this was not the case in this One .As rooms were not ready .Yet when we came back there was lot of luggage removed from the corner where they store it .We have stayed in Premier inns before and your luggage has been loocked away in a store room but not hear.This was floor 3 .The shower curtain was smelly like damp .There was orange pinky stuff on the tiles where should have been grout .Water was look warm as did not have to ajust to add cold for my shower in morning .As at night had bath did not have to add cold water either so temp was the same ..I thought premier inns had irion & irion boards in rooms ours did not .Staff spoke when you went past them .in Reception .When we arrived on sat at just before 12 when we came out the lift there was a handy man painting as we came out the lift.As he was doing the sides off the lift .Thought not very nice entry to a reception .

Room Tip: We were told from Reception if booked direct with them we would have got room we requested.They were far to pricey than who we booked with .They were also dear as well
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nell51
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Nell51,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences, I really do appreciate all feedback as it gives us a fantastic opportunity to review our standards and service. I am very disappointed that your stay did not meet your expectations and I have contacted you directly to investigate further.

I am sorry that you did not have a great sleep due to the temperature in the room, with the climate in Scotland it's not often that we need to use the air conditioning! I would like to assure you for your future comfort that the temperature controls in the bedroom are flexible to allow you to select the temperature of your choice.

Unfortunately we were unable to provide you with the requested castle view, you may have noted from the other review and my responses on Tripadvisor, we never guarantee this. Our focus is on delivering great value for our guests and the only way for us to guarantee these rooms would be to make them book-able on a separate tariff and that is not something we are keen to do.

Premier Inn check in time is from 2pm, of course if we have rooms available we will always check you in early however if the room is not ready, we will gladly store your bags both on arrival and departure to allow you to spend more time in the city. We have a secure luggage room by Reception and on the occasions where this is full, then we do store bags with the Receptionist. When space then becomes free in the luggage room then these bags are relocated, this is why your bags were moved, please be assured that we take the security of left luggage very seriously.

As a busy city centre hotel, it's really important to me that we invest time in maintaining the building to deliver a fantastic looking hotel to our guests, I'm sorry if you feel the time chosen was inappropriate.

I am genuinely very sorry that you did not enjoy the stay as much as we would have hoped. I really hope that you can see from the majority of our other reviews that your stay is not indicative of the experience that we aim for our guests to have.

Thanks again for the time taken to share your views, I look forward to hearing from you and I hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed for 3 nights at this hotel. While it is a budget chain it is definitely not a budget stay. We arrived early on the Airlink bus (wish we had seen the advice a few reviews down from this one advising to ASK the driver to let you off near Princes Street as we had to walk from Waverly Station--about 10 minutes dragging luggage and we travel lightly-packed) and it was about 2 hours before they allow you to check in at 2 p.m. Therefore we left our bags and asked for restaurant suggestions and were told to walk around the corner to Rose Street--we ate lunch at a lovely pub there (see below) while we whiled away the waiting time. When we returned we found many others who had also been told to return around 2 however the check-in process was quick and smooth due to the computer terminals that they have which are self-service and even print out the room keys! Our room was on the 4th floor facing the castle--I would suggest a higher floor to completely cut out the noise of the buses passing by but the noise didn't interrupt our sleep and my husband is a very light sleeper. It was spotlessly clean, well-equipped with nice bed linens and everything worked well. We ate breakfast there and really appreciated the service from the two gentlemen working the breakfast room--they were efficient but very friendly. Any time we had a question the young women working the desk were extremely helpful.

My criteria for a 5 star stay--
1. very clean 2. attractive with furnishings in good shape, nothing shaggy looking 3. well equipped with everything working well or fixed quickly if not 4. Friendly staff 5. Good bed with good linens.

Premier Inn Edinburgh Princes Street met all of the criteria. I strongly recommend this as a convenient place to all attractions, good food, and shopping. I only wish we were going back again soon!

Places we ate while in Edinburgh--La Tasca turn right out of hotel, turn right again onto Charlotte--Tapas and excellent, Ecco Vino--wine bar with great wine and beer selection and GREAT soups on Cockburn Street on the way up to Old Town. The Abbotsford on Rose Street our first and last meal in Edinburgh--great traditional pub, excellent food, and very friendly service. The tiles are original to the building--just incredible. We had lunch at a chain restaurant in the Ocean Terminal shopping mall where the Britannia is located--Handmade Burger--excellent--food, service, and views.

Room Tip: Ask for a castle view room on a high floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NotatHome014

Dear VirginiaTraveler014,

Thank you for your lovely review, I really do appreciate your feedback.

I am delighted that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. I am also very proud that you found our team to be so welcoming and friendly. It really means a lot that you consider your stay a five star experience.

Our views are pretty spectacular, there are not many city centre's in the world that have as stunning a backdrop as Edinburgh Castle, it really is a fantastic city and we are so well positioned to enjoy all that it has to offer.

Thanks again for the time taken to share your views, I really hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have stayed in several Premier Inns and not reviewed them all, but this one deserves a special mention. To be honest i can not find fault with it, except the restaurant menu which could be bigger with more choice. But that a side I can't find any fault with the hotel. ALL of the staff were polite and courteous and would help you in any way possible. The rooms were immaculate and well maintained and the location is perfect. If you book well in advance you will probably get a better deal, rather than leaving it until the last minute. We parked our car in a nearby NCP Car Park, Which was less than a ten minute walk away and was discounted with staying in the hotel. The hotel overlooks Edinburgh Castle and once you leave the hotel you are straight on to Princes Street. Fantastic staff, wonderful location, and a well run hotel. What more can i say!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rustypoodog
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Rustypoodog,

Wow, what a fabulous review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I am delighted with your comments, particularly regarding my team who really do work hard to try to make sure that all of our guests have a great time. I agree our Housekeepers deliver tremendously high standards of cleanliness and it is greatly appreciated that you note these standards.

You are right that the best value is achieved by booking as far in advance as you can or by visiting www.premierinn.com, where you can take advantage of our Saver Rates.

Thank you again for your feedback, it makes me very proud to know that we have delivered a fantastic experience for you and I really hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Having stayed in many Premier Inns throughout the UK once again we were not disappointed. As a family of 4 we use the large family rooms they offer and this one even had a fabulous view of Edinburgh Castle....Bonus! The hotel is only 10 mins walk from Waverley train station and well positioned for absolutely everything. The staff both on greeting, leaving and in the breakfast area were brilliant. Nothing was too much trouble at all and they went above and beyond the call of duty to make our stay even better. Fabulous hotel in an amazing City and would highly recommend. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Richfletch

Thank you for your fabulous review, I am so pleased that you had such a brilliant stay with us.

I'm glad you were able to benefit from one of our rooms overlooking Edinburgh Castle, the views are stunning and a beautiful sight to wake to.

Your comments regarding my team are greatly appreciated; they really are fantastic and try so hard to make sure that every guest has a great stay. I cannot tell you how rewarding it is for them when our guests take the time to recognise the work that they do, thank you.

I really value the time taken to share your experiences and I hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had never stayed at a Premier Inn, but found the reviews & overall rating as one of the better stays in Edinburgh.

The hotel change is made for travelers. The room is simple, efficient, & clean.

I almost missed the location of the door on the street level - - its next to a Starbucks. Take the elevator to the lobby. Staff was friendly & helpful.

There is a restaurant on the lobby level, but I did not eat there.

GREAT location!! I arrived in Edinburgh on the train & walked from the station to the hotel. Great views of Old Town, walking distance to the many sights.

Would stay here again if in Edinburgh.

Room Tip: Ask for a view room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PinkSurvivor

Dear PinkSurvivor,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am delighted that we managed to surprise you with our service and standards, I hope that you will consider Premier Inn again for your next trip!

I'm glad you found your room to be clean and comfortable, at Premier Inn our Housekeepers work really hard to deliver continuously high standards of cleanliness and it's very rewarding for them when our guests recognise this.

I hope that we can welcome you back again soon.