3,193 results
All reviews princes street opposite the castle great location castle view meal deal rose street family room excellent stay budget hotel good nights sleep room was spotless bars and restaurants train station night's sleep short break royal mile comfy bed
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I travelled with my husband to Edinburgh and we stayed at this hotel a week ago. I must say, it's worth every penny. It's located just in the heart of Edinburgh, you can admire the Edinburgh Castle view from the lounge (we didn't have this view from our room, but I suppose front rooms have a nice view). The room at this hotel was so peaceful and quiet that we didn't even expect it to be so. The hotel is on the Princess Street (centre of the city), but you are guaranteed a perfect quiet night. We had a lot of towels, tea/coffee making facilities, the room and the bathroom were clean. Wi-fi isn't free, which is a pity. Only first 30 minutes are free, but it was enough for us to check our e-mails. We enjoyed our 1 night stay there and would love to recommend this hotel. It's actually a good choice and a perfect location.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed here in family room for two nights. Very good location for edinburgh sightseeing and shopping. Rose street just round the corner. We liked the pizzas at Strada around the corner.Breakfast very good especially as child ate free! Staff very friendly and helpful. Would certainly stay here again. Only problem was shower was over the bath and it was very slippy! Might be an issue for people not as steady on their feet? But that may have just been my room?

Room tip: Ask for a castle view when booking
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Just returned from a very enjoyable stay at this hotel with my mother. Superb location, and we were lucky enough to have a Castle View room (417). Very quiet - we were on the 4th floor, and didn't have any problems at all with noise from Princes Street. Beds were extremely comfortable, and we slept really well for all 4 nights of our stay. The staff were lovely - friendly and helpful... though there was 1 exception, and we only encountered him once - a rather grumpy man who 'greeted' us when we went down for our first breakfast (i.e. crossed off our room number and walked away, without a word). That is our only, very minor, quibble, though! Breakfasts very good - with a lot of choice - and we had 2 evening meals during our stay, which were very tasty. All in all, an excellent place to stay!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for 1 night while in Edinburgh to visit a University Open Day. The location on Princes Street was great for us, as first time visitors to Edinburgh. Plenty of places to eat nearby, great views of Edinburgh Castle, and great public transport links to the places we needed to get to.
Like every Premier Inn we have ever stayed in, the staff were friendly and helpful and the room immaculately clean. We had a room on the side(?)/back(?) and it was very quiet, we didn't hear any outside noise at all.
I would highly recommend this PI to anyone wanting to stay on Princes Street.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear Disneycrazy68,

Thank you for your lovely comments, I'm so pleased that you had such a fantastic stay with us.

Our location is second to none and we are very proud to be so prominently placed within such a wonderful city. Every day our Premier Inn teams strive to deliver high standards of cleanliness and service and I am delighted that you note this consistency throughout your visits to different Premier Inn, it's great to know we are doing such a good job!

Thanks again for your lovely review, I hope we will see you again soon.

Kind regards
Ailsa Riva
Operations Manager
opsmgr.edinburghprincesstreet@whitbread.com

Reviewed October 6, 2013

First time in Edinburgh for me and this hotel was spot on! Great location on Princes Street and like any other Premier Inn I have stayed in, the standard of service, cleanliness etc was excellent. All staff we met during our stay were really friendly and extremely helpful. We stayed in Room 419 which had a fantastic view of the castle but on the downside it was fairly noisy in the morning but for me the view was worth it! Would definitely highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Edinburgh.

Room tip: 419 for Castle View.
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Gaile B,

Thank you, what a lovely review!

I am delighted you had such a lovely stay and 419 is a lovely room, with is huge windows it really offers spectacular views of the castle and the gardens. Unfortunately our castle view rooms do face onto Princes Street which is a busy thoroughfare, however I agree with you that the view is worth a little street noise!

At Premier Inn we pride ourselves on delivering great service and high standards and it really means a lot to us when our guests take the time to recognise that. Thank you again for your review and I really hope we will see you again soon.

Kind regards