3,119 results
All reviewsprinces streetopposite the castlegreat locationcastle viewmeal dealrose streetfamily roomexcellent staybudget hotelgood nights sleeproom was spotlessbars and restaurantstrain stationnight's sleepwould definitely stay here againshort breakroyal mile
Reviewed October 6, 2013

First time in Edinburgh for me and this hotel was spot on! Great location on Princes Street and like any other Premier Inn I have stayed in, the standard of service, cleanliness etc was excellent. All staff we met during our stay were really friendly and extremely helpful. We stayed in Room 419 which had a fantastic view of the castle but on the downside it was fairly noisy in the morning but for me the view was worth it! Would definitely highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Edinburgh.

Room Tip: 419 for Castle View.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear Gaile B,

Thank you, what a lovely review!

I am delighted you had such a lovely stay and 419 is a lovely room, with is huge windows it really offers spectacular views of the castle and the gardens. Unfortunately our castle view rooms do face onto Princes Street which is a busy thoroughfare, however I agree with you that the view is worth a little street noise!

At Premier Inn we pride ourselves on delivering great service and high standards and it really means a lot to us when our guests take the time to recognise that. Thank you again for your review and I really hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

The location of this place was perfect, right on Princes st facing the Castle. The entrance is almost invisible between the shops but a lift up to the 2nd floor reception and you were in safe hands. This was the first reception desk I'd come across that didn't have a desk! The girl on reception was stood at a computer point to issue key cards from bookings and very swiftly. The security is top notch in that you need the room key card to access the lift to take you up to your room, very reassuring. The rooms are spotless and gleaming with everything you need, plenty of tea and coffee, extra pillows, decent lighting, 2 comfy chairs, tv with a remote that worked. No view as the window looked into a courtyard. The bathroom looked as if it had just been installed and shone with white tiles and a great shower and imperial leather shower gel dispenser. The breakfast was well worth booking and one of the most satisfying we've had with very friendly, pleasant, efficient staff. There was a nice selection for the cooked bfast and plenty of choice in the coffees and teas. All areas very clean and the windows looked out onto Edinburgh castle. For a top class, low cost Edinburgh tourist or theatre accomodation you could not find better and I've tried quite a few.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but the upper floors mean you have the added security of the keycard lift.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Yorkiebard,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I really appreciate the time taken to share your experiences.

My Housekeeping Team in particular are delighted to have received such positive feedback, they work tremendously hard to deliver such high standards of cleanliness and it really means a lot when this is recognised.

We always aim to ensure that we provide our guests with great service and great value and I am thrilled that we have impressed you with our standards.

I really hope we can welcome you back.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

A three night stay at this busy Inn as a short break before my husband has surgery. Neither of us have much stamina and so we chose a central location so we could get back easily and rest when needed.

We regularly use the chain and know it to be good value and with a strong focus on service and this is what we saw on our stay. The staff were friendly and welcoming, particularly in the restaurant where we enjoyed dinner one night and breakfasts with the view of the Castle.

The location is excellent, being a level walk to interesting shops and with bus stops very close; a day ticket is £3.50. A taxi to the top of the Royal Mile cost less than £5 - we can walk down but not up!

Our room was the largest we've ever had at a PI and cleaned to a high standard. The free map we were given on check in was very useful, and we were delighted that we could leave our bags at reception when we arrived too early to check in.

A few irritations that got in the way:

- if you need fresh air you will be disappointed, we could not open the window as it was a sealed unit. I was assured by the receptionist that every bedroom window in the building was the same. I prefer fresh air to air-con, but there was not avoiding it here. According to this receptionist every Premier Inn in Edinburgh has its windows sealed closed- which is not true e.g. Haymarket's open. Being told that we should have phoned up to ask in advance struck me as a nonsense.

- we returned to our room at 2.15/2.30 in the afternoon to find that it had not been made up. The girl on reception that day knew nothing of the stay-over rooms policy (see Stanley F's report of 25th Sept and management response 27th September 2013) and said that they were short staffed.

- our room was at the back of the hotel and so we did not get any street noise at all, but the dustcart came round at 4.25am on Wednesday morning and there was no sleeping through that noise for me. I did mention it to reception in the morning, and they were sympathetic but did not mention the 'good night' policy. Perhaps I should have phoned down at the time.

We would stay there again though - it's a comfortable base in the city.

Room Tip: Only 19 rooms of 90+ have castle views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Divadarling

Dear Divadarling,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I'm really pleased to see that it's the service that Premier Inn provide that makes you a regular with us. Our teams work very hard to deliver such high standards of service and it really means a lot when our guests recognise that.

Unfortunately, yes all of our windows are sealed units and I do appreciate that this is not to everyone's tastes, however with such a busy city centre location this does help to reduce the external noise and allows the air conditioning system to operate to its full potential. I am really sorry to hear that you were woken by bin collection so early in the morning, we have taken every step possible to reduce noise over night, our own collection does not happen until around 8-9am and we are working to a point where our neighbours bins will all be collected by the same company to further reduce the disturbance to our guests and of course the local residents.

I am delighted that you would return to us and please do contact me directly should that be the case and I will ensure you are allocated a room higher up. I really hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed in a Premier Inn. Once again I have to say the hotel is really good. Very clean and quiet room even though in the city centre, super friendly and efficient staff on Reception. We arrived early but were made very welcome while our room was prepared.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Kerry G,

Thank you for your lovely review, I'm delighted you had a great stay with us.

At Premier Inn we continuously strive to deliver high standards, brilliant value and great service, it's fantastic to hear that you have found this consistently during your stays.

I really appreciate the time taken to share your feedback.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Decent hotel
This hotel has a nice location and easy access to all the links. Rooms were clean and well maintained. Staff was helpful and with local geographical knowledge, which helped in finding places quickly. And you can see castle from the hotel, which is a bonus. So overall a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Adsachdev,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences following your recent stay with us. I'm delighted you had a lovely time and you found our facilities to be clean and well maintained.

We always aim to deliver great value and high standards and feedback such as yours is a great tool to help us review our services.

Thank you again and I really hope we can welcome you back in the future.