3,114 results
All reviewsprinces streetopposite the castlegreat locationcastle viewmeal dealrose streetfamily roomexcellent staybudget hotelroom was spotlessgood nights sleepbars and restaurantstrain stationnight's sleepwould definitely stay here againshort breakroyal mile
Reviewed October 5, 2013

A three night stay at this busy Inn as a short break before my husband has surgery. Neither of us have much stamina and so we chose a central location so we could get back easily and rest when needed.

We regularly use the chain and know it to be good value and with a strong focus on service and this is what we saw on our stay. The staff were friendly and welcoming, particularly in the restaurant where we enjoyed dinner one night and breakfasts with the view of the Castle.

The location is excellent, being a level walk to interesting shops and with bus stops very close; a day ticket is £3.50. A taxi to the top of the Royal Mile cost less than £5 - we can walk down but not up!

Our room was the largest we've ever had at a PI and cleaned to a high standard. The free map we were given on check in was very useful, and we were delighted that we could leave our bags at reception when we arrived too early to check in.

A few irritations that got in the way:

- if you need fresh air you will be disappointed, we could not open the window as it was a sealed unit. I was assured by the receptionist that every bedroom window in the building was the same. I prefer fresh air to air-con, but there was not avoiding it here. According to this receptionist every Premier Inn in Edinburgh has its windows sealed closed- which is not true e.g. Haymarket's open. Being told that we should have phoned up to ask in advance struck me as a nonsense.

- we returned to our room at 2.15/2.30 in the afternoon to find that it had not been made up. The girl on reception that day knew nothing of the stay-over rooms policy (see Stanley F's report of 25th Sept and management response 27th September 2013) and said that they were short staffed.

- our room was at the back of the hotel and so we did not get any street noise at all, but the dustcart came round at 4.25am on Wednesday morning and there was no sleeping through that noise for me. I did mention it to reception in the morning, and they were sympathetic but did not mention the 'good night' policy. Perhaps I should have phoned down at the time.

We would stay there again though - it's a comfortable base in the city.

Room Tip: Only 19 rooms of 90+ have castle views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Divadarling
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear Divadarling,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I'm really pleased to see that it's the service that Premier Inn provide that makes you a regular with us. Our teams work very hard to deliver such high standards of service and it really means a lot when our guests recognise that.

Unfortunately, yes all of our windows are sealed units and I do appreciate that this is not to everyone's tastes, however with such a busy city centre location this does help to reduce the external noise and allows the air conditioning system to operate to its full potential. I am really sorry to hear that you were woken by bin collection so early in the morning, we have taken every step possible to reduce noise over night, our own collection does not happen until around 8-9am and we are working to a point where our neighbours bins will all be collected by the same company to further reduce the disturbance to our guests and of course the local residents.

I am delighted that you would return to us and please do contact me directly should that be the case and I will ensure you are allocated a room higher up. I really hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed in a Premier Inn. Once again I have to say the hotel is really good. Very clean and quiet room even though in the city centre, super friendly and efficient staff on Reception. We arrived early but were made very welcome while our room was prepared.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Kerry G,

Thank you for your lovely review, I'm delighted you had a great stay with us.

At Premier Inn we continuously strive to deliver high standards, brilliant value and great service, it's fantastic to hear that you have found this consistently during your stays.

I really appreciate the time taken to share your feedback.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Decent hotel
This hotel has a nice location and easy access to all the links. Rooms were clean and well maintained. Staff was helpful and with local geographical knowledge, which helped in finding places quickly. And you can see castle from the hotel, which is a bonus. So overall a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Adsachdev,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences following your recent stay with us. I'm delighted you had a lovely time and you found our facilities to be clean and well maintained.

We always aim to deliver great value and high standards and feedback such as yours is a great tool to help us review our services.

Thank you again and I really hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stopped for 3 nights from Fri 27th Sept with my mum. The hotel was in a brilliant location with great views of the castle from the bar/restaurant area. We had room 321 and were lucky to have a castle view from our room as well. The room was spotlessly clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. John in particular was always cheerful and asking everyone about their day etc. We stopped at the Haymarket Premier inn a few years ago which was fine but I prefer this one, maybe because it is smaller so you feel like you are getting a more personal service.
Obviously, if you get a room at the front of the hotel then you are going to get the noise of Princes Street but this never bothered me.
We had the meal deal, this included breakfast (all you can eat :o)) and a 3 course meal and drink. The breakfast was brilliant, I stuffed my face in a morning and then I didn't need to eat until tea time. The evening meal was ok for me as a meat eater, it is a limited menu on the meal deal but enough to keep you going for a few days. I wouldn't advise you having the meal deal if you are a vegetarian (my mum is)...there is 1 vegetarian main meal choice on the meal deal (Mediterranean skewers) and these were not available on the Saturday or Sunday night when my Mum asked for them. This is one part of the menu that does need to be worked on.
Anyway, all in all we had a brilliant time, shame its back to rainy Yorkshire haha. We would definitely come back to this hotel (just maybe give the meal deal a miss next time)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Claire L,

I'm so pleased that you had such a fantastic stay with us, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

It's lovely to hear that you were able to benefit from a room with a view of Edinburgh Castle, it really is a stunning outlook. I have passed your comments on to the team and of course John, who was so helpful and friendly to you both.

At Premier Inn it really is important to us that our guests have a brilliant stay and that our team work hard to deliver great service and comfortable, clean rooms. I really hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is the 2nd time we've used this hotel and it was even better this time round. Staff could not be more friendly and helpful. Location is the best with only a few minutes walk to all the main attractions in Edinburgh. Plenty of entertainment nearby. Can't recommend this place enough.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear George B,

Thank you for your lovely review. It's always great to welcome guests back and even better to hear we exceeded your previous expectations!

My team are delighted with your positive feedback, I'm sure you'll agree they do a fantastic job and it's very rewarding for them when our guests recognise that.