“Perfect for a Family Stay & Budget Friendly”

Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel
Ranked #20 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed September 3, 2013

With the accommodations in the UK not always being conducive for a family, the Premier Inn was perfect! We were on Princes street (the place to be!), directly across from Edinburgh Castle. You will be close to everything that you want to see in Edinburgh. The location is less than a mile from the train station and an easy walk, if you don't have heavy luggage and 65 mph winds. Take a cab. I am a stickler for cleanliness in hotels and this hotel was very satisfactory. The rooms were very clean and accommodated our family of four very nicely, which few hotels do. The front desk is very helpful, and the hotel lounge is a nice place to relax at the end of the day. We did get the hotel breakfast one day for convenience, but were not fans of it. The hotel was so inexpensive and well worth it! You cannot go wrong by staying at the Premier.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Lynn,

I am so pleased that you have taken the time to review our hotel, family friendliness is very important to us and I really am delighted that you and your family found our facilities catered to your needs.

I have shared your comments regarding the cleanliness of the bedroom with my Housekeeping Team and they are thrilled that you appreciate their standards.

You certainly summed up our location - Princes Street really is the place to be in Edinburgh. It's such a pretty street and with the backdrop of Edinburgh Castle there aren't many city centres like it.

Thanks again for the time taken to share your views and I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Operations Manager

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice hotel in the heart of edinburgh.Princess street is one of the top streets in edinburgh..the bus from the airport stops near the hotel, the train station is 10 min walk,near there are many pubs in rose and george street.
If u stayed once in premier inn..then u know what to expect..perfect rooms for a family, big rooms, perfect beds and pillows, staff that can help u in everything, 2 kids for free in breakfast, meal deals in lunch and dinner..
really exceptional stay..although a little bit expensive because of the festival..but u can find very good prices in different months..

for edinburgh..only premier inn..

Room Tip: If u find a room with castle view...try it...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Vasilisyiaps

Thank you for your fantastic review of your recent stay with us. My team and I take great pride in ensuring our guests have a fabulous time and I'm delighted that you found this to be the case.

We are so lucky with our location and as you noted, Princes Street is such a fantastic place to be with lots to see and do as well as excellently positioned for all public transport links.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel, such positive feedback is great for us to hear. I really hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed at the Premier Inn at Princes Street for four days last August 2013.

The location is good since it's near the Waverley train station. Just a warning to those with big and heavy luggages who took the train: it's a kilometer walk to the hotel, but at least it's a bit downhill.

The rooms are air-conditioned so you won't have to sweat while sleeping during hot summer days. There are many restaurants along Castle and Rose streets.

Going to the Royal Mile, it's an uphill walk but it should take you about 15 to 20 minutes either via The Mound or the Waverley Bridge. Most of the tour companies meet up in this area.

Room was OK. There's nothing to complain. And if you want the extra pillow, all you need is ask.

If there's a black lining to their silver cloud, it's gotta be poor service at their in-house restaurant, The Kitchen. For breakfast, it takes some time before the attendant can give you a table compared to the other Premier Inn that we've been to. We tried to have one of our dinners here on our last night, but we weren't getting any service so we decided to go out for Chinese instead. Opportunity lost for them.

Overall, I would still stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Jovanpuyo,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Princes Street Premier Inn. I hope you were able to enjoy some of the Festival activities whilst you were here in August, such a fantastic time to be in Edinburgh.

We are so lucky with our location, right in the heart of the city although I appreciate you may have found the journey from the train station challenging with heavy luggage. It really is only just over half a mile, but that's a lot easier without bags!

I'm disappointed to hear that you were let down by the service in The Kitchen. I'm really sorry about that, it's not indicative of the service or experience we aim for our guests to have. Breakfast can be very busy and there is a short wait at times but please be assured we do work hard to minimise any wait as much as possible, again I apologise if you feel that was not the case during your recent visit. Your comments have been passed on to the restaurant manager and your experience will be addressed with the whole team.

I'm really pleased that you otherwise enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed here on a two night break to Edinburgh, bed only.
My pros for this hotel are: the room was clean and the bed was comfortable; the staff were extremely accommodating and friendly; the hotel's location is central and ideal to suit travellers; the price was very competitive in Edinburgh. I have only two drawbacks: first, we found only two small elevators that accommodated several hundred rooms. This resulted in us just using the stairs and we would have had to wait a while to access the elevator. Second, there were two spiders squished against the wall and floor in the bathroom that we had to clean up. Not big deal; just not very nice.
All in all, however, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a room numbered 1XX or 5XX. These numbers are located on the second floor, an...

Dear TonyW

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, feedback is so important within our business in order that we better understand our services.

I delighted that you found your room so comfortable and that you have noted the efforts of my team. I'm very proud of them and I'm pleased that you found them so friendly.

I apologise if you found any issues with our elevators, I assure you this is not a usual problem for our hotel and to reassure you, the two elevators from Reception service all 97 bedrooms and as a newly built hotel they are generally very, very fast so please accept my apologies if there were any problems.

Regarding the two spiders you found, I have fed back your comments to my Housekeeper who is dismayed at this unwelcome surprise and has asked me to personally extend her apologies to you. I hope that as you found your room to be otherwise clean you can see that this has been a complete oversight.

Thank you once again for choosing our hotel, I'm glad that you had a great time in Edinburgh and I hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Just returned from Edinburgh - stayed there 3 nights and had breakfast every day. Could not fault it. Clean, tidy, quiet. Good value for money. Right in the heart of Edinburgh opposite the castle. Easy to get to all the sites.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear Stuart J,

Thanks you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I'm delighted to see that you had such a fantastic time. Our location really makes us a great base for exploring all that Edinburgh has to offer and I'm so pleased you enjoyed the city and your visit with us!

Hopefully we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, I stayed in a family room with my two young daughters. The hotel is really close to Edinburgh Waverley and very easy to find. Upon early arrival at 10am, the lady on reception took my bags from me to store until check in. I retrieved these later no problem and check in was smooth and easy. I had asked for a castle view room when I had booked and was really pleased that my request was granted, the view of the castle from the room is stunning.

The room itself was lovely, very spacious, with a double and two single beds already made up! I've stayed in family rooms before where they are awful sofa beds that you make up yourself, so this was a bonus. Room had flat screen tv, tea/coffee making facilities, extra blankets and pillows and the bathroom was also big with a shower and a bath. Great air conditioning system. Yes it's the most expensive premier inn I've ever stayed in, but it was worth it.

One thing I felt travelling with two small children was safe in this hotel. You need your key card to access the lifts, staircases, front door and your room, which provided me with extra security.

Food and drink wise - my family had come to see me and purchased a bottle of red wine from the bar, which had been stored so hot it had gone off. Manager swapped it for a white one though which had been properly chilled.

Breakfast - with Starbucks being next door I planned on getting breakfast there, but as children eat free at the hotel it was £8.25 for the three of us and the breakfast was very nice, lots of choice which the children loved.

We would definitely return here if visiting Edinburgh again!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 423, which had a castle view room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SarahVause

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for such a lovely review. I'm delighted that you and your daughters had a lovely time with us, I'm sure they enjoyed waking up to Edinburgh Castle each morning! Thank you also for noting that you felt safe during your stay, it's really important to us that our guests feel safe and secure enough to totally relax and just enjoy the time in Edinburgh.

It really means alot to myself and my team when people take the time to feedback their experiences, so thank you for that, it's greatly appreciated. I hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed here in a family room for 3 nights. The central location is perfect - you get great views of the castle from the bar area and other parts of the hotel. As it's very central you get a good choice of restaurants (and shops), and most tourist attractions are walkable. We found the reception staff to be very friendly, as were the breakfast staff. After our trip, we got a phone call to say the cleaning staff had found our iPod, and it was posted back to us - we hadn't even unpacked so hadn't even realised it was missing! If we visit Edinburgh again we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family