“Just returned - lovely stay”

Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel
Ranked #23 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Just returned from Edinburgh - stayed there 3 nights and had breakfast every day. Could not fault it. Clean, tidy, quiet. Good value for money. Right in the heart of Edinburgh opposite the castle. Easy to get to all the sites.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear Stuart J,

Thanks you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I'm delighted to see that you had such a fantastic time. Our location really makes us a great base for exploring all that Edinburgh has to offer and I'm so pleased you enjoyed the city and your visit with us!

Hopefully we can welcome you back again in the future.

Kind regards
Ailsa Riva
Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,802)

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, I stayed in a family room with my two young daughters. The hotel is really close to Edinburgh Waverley and very easy to find. Upon early arrival at 10am, the lady on reception took my bags from me to store until check in. I retrieved these later no problem and check in was smooth and easy. I had asked for a castle view room when I had booked and was really pleased that my request was granted, the view of the castle from the room is stunning.

The room itself was lovely, very spacious, with a double and two single beds already made up! I've stayed in family rooms before where they are awful sofa beds that you make up yourself, so this was a bonus. Room had flat screen tv, tea/coffee making facilities, extra blankets and pillows and the bathroom was also big with a shower and a bath. Great air conditioning system. Yes it's the most expensive premier inn I've ever stayed in, but it was worth it.

One thing I felt travelling with two small children was safe in this hotel. You need your key card to access the lifts, staircases, front door and your room, which provided me with extra security.

Food and drink wise - my family had come to see me and purchased a bottle of red wine from the bar, which had been stored so hot it had gone off. Manager swapped it for a white one though which had been properly chilled.

Breakfast - with Starbucks being next door I planned on getting breakfast there, but as children eat free at the hotel it was £8.25 for the three of us and the breakfast was very nice, lots of choice which the children loved.

We would definitely return here if visiting Edinburgh again!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 423, which had a castle view room.
1  Thank SarahVause

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for such a lovely review. I'm delighted that you and your daughters had a lovely time with us, I'm sure they enjoyed waking up to Edinburgh Castle each morning! Thank you also for noting that you felt safe during your stay, it's really important to us that our guests feel safe and secure enough to totally relax and just enjoy the time in Edinburgh.

It really means alot to myself and my team when people take the time to feedback their experiences, so thank you for that, it's greatly appreciated. I hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Kind regards
Ailsa Riva
Operations Manager

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed here in a family room for 3 nights. The central location is perfect - you get great views of the castle from the bar area and other parts of the hotel. As it's very central you get a good choice of restaurants (and shops), and most tourist attractions are walkable. We found the reception staff to be very friendly, as were the breakfast staff. After our trip, we got a phone call to say the cleaning staff had found our iPod, and it was posted back to us - we hadn't even unpacked so hadn't even realised it was missing! If we visit Edinburgh again we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Pretty standard and basic hotel. Decor was dull but the room was quiet at night and the bed comfortable which was the main thing. Decent accommodation for a good price.

The air conditioning didn't work that well and there were no windows to open so they brought up two small fans.

The location is good and close to the main shopping area with some good restaurants around. It's a 7 minute walk from the train station or a short £6 cab fare ride.

The staff at reception were always friendly and helpful even though it was over a very busy long weekend for the fringe festival. Even the cleaner in the bathroom was friendly and nice!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Clea700
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed at the Premier Inn, Princes Street, for two nights with my grand-daughter Ella, as part of a treat for her first visit to Scotland. The hotel was ideally located in Princes Street, with a view of Edinburgh Castle from the bar/restaurant area. Unfortunately, our bedroom did not have such a nice view, but we were extremely comfortable in the room we were given (room 603). Hotel staff were VERY friendly and welcoming, speaking several languages to cater for the international guests. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they were interested in what you had done and seen that day. We were lucky to be there for the last few days of the Edinburgh Festivals (Fringe), and enjoyed watching some of the street entertainers. Ella breakfasted for free on both days, which was a bonus, and we had one meal in the restaurant, which was reasonable. I would thoroughly recommend this Hotel for a visitor to Edinburgh, for its prime location, its friendly staff, and its cleanliness. Thank you Premier Inn !

Room Tip: The hotel only has 17 rooms facing the castle, so if you want a nice view, book WELL IN ADVANCE. I...
1  Thank kateloveshuskies
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The staff were very helpful.
We used the prebook system to book dinner on the first night, which the staff then called us to ask to bring forward as they had a large party in, unfortunately we were delayed, however they still managed to fit us in.
The dinners and breakfasts were good value and the food was good quality.
The restaurant has the most superb view of the castle and the venue is very convenient.

Room Tip: A good priced hotel, conveniently situated right in the heart of the city.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Had a great stay here. Fantastic location in centre. Very Welcoming staff with fantastic professional attitude. You get what you pay for with Premier Inn. if you like them overall you will love this one.