Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$209
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
$204
$156
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$161
$156
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$227
Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$187
$165
Agoda.com
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$126
$117
  • Pool
$251
$232
Agoda.com
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$146
$90
  • Bar/Lounge
$121
2,936 results
All reviewsprinces streetopposite the castlegreat locationcastle viewmeal dealrose streetfamily roombudget hotelexcellent staygood nights sleeproom was spotlesstrain stationwould definitely stay here againnight's sleepbars and restaurantsshort breakroyal mile
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last week while spending a couple of days at Edinburgh with friends, we found this hotel to be quite strategically located for going around the city centre and the Edinburgh castle etc. Friendly and helpful staff and good breakfast, comfortable & clean. A little expensive due to it's location but competitive when compared with the others.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. It ticks all the boxes I could possibly wish and just having such a nice hotel impacted on mine and my friend's vacation so much.

Location wise it is right in the heart and we could quickly reach many places from it in the morning. Attractions, restaurants, shops....they were all within a minute, five minute, ten minute's walk away. Check a map to see how central the location is. It is right on one of the streets that acts as the bus throughfare for the city so you can pick a bus to get from place to place quickly (there is a £3.50 all day ticket which works on all the buses...get it, such a good offer). The hotel has excellent views of the castle and the park...very scenic.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and we got so much helpful information from them of the area it was invaluable for first time travellers to Scotland. The room was spacious and clean and came with extras we didn't expect like free freeview television and a bath shampoo dispenser in the bath so we could save our shower jels. Some on here have mentioned about lack of free wifi in the hotel but you do get half an hour of free wifi a day and £3 for 24 hours wifi whose code works on my laptop and both of our phones was a good deal to me.

Price wise it can be pricy at times but then you pay for quality....we both paid thirty pounds per night and had uninterrupted, quiet sleeps. Just book ahead and you can get good reasonable prices.

The breakfast was a step above travellodge's fare. The three times we had it the hot food was never cold or burned and the buffet was constantly refreshed. Do have the breakfast if you are busy explorers like us; it will give you the energy you need for Edinburgh's hills.

Overall I loved this hotel. I don't like to gush but I had no complaints of this hotel and I and my friend will certainly stay in this venue when we come back to see the rest Edinburgh has to offer.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank H-G-Powell
Reviewed June 6, 2013

While the location is great and the rooms are nice, it is pretty pricey. And at this price, considering this is a budget hotel, you should maybe get continental breakfast and free wifi. Also, parking is about a 10 minute walk away with no place to idle and drop off your bags. They can validate the parking rate down, though. Some rooms have a wonderful view of the castle.

Room Tip: Premier will put a cot and extra bed in a room if you ask.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank phillipsrhit
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have no idea how this place got good reviews. First of all, they do NOT offer free wifi. They offer 30 minutes free, then you have to pay. My experience in this place was bad because our hotel bathroom smelled like urine. I tried to change rooms, but the hotel was apparently full. They offered to put in a "neutralizer" that required us to leave the room for a few hours. I was not comfortable with that. I can't believe they would offer a room that smelled like urine. The only reason I gave this place two stars is because the lobby is nice and the location is good. The rooms are not worth the money and I would recommend or stay here again. I had a much better stay at hotel Le Monde. At least it was much cleaner and offered free wifi.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank ssm17
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a clean and comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Overlooking the castle and gardens. Clean and comfortable room, a bit too hot though. Maybe a fan in the room would help.
Staff were very friendly, polite and cheerful.
Breakfast was tasty, both the cooked and cold selection.
Will visit again.