3,141 results
All reviews princes street opposite the castle great location castle view meal deal rose street family room excellent stay budget hotel good nights sleep room was spotless bars and restaurants train station night's sleep would definitely stay here again short break royal mile
Reviewed May 13, 2012

This is a new hotel located right on Princess Street and across from the park and the castle. If you're into shopping, this is the place to stay. A short walk will get you to the old town or you can walk down to the station and catch a hop on/hop off bus. Right behind the hotel is Rose street where you can find a load of bars and pubs. Since the place is relatively new, the food menu is small and they have a limited selection of beers and spirits. The staff was incredibly friendly. The people all over Edinburgh were very friendly. It is a bit pricey but it is in a very central location. I would stay there again if I make it back to Edinburgh.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2012

stayed here with two adults and two kids and found the whole place to be superb
we had a room on the front overlooking the castle and top floor so the view was probe one of the best in edinburgh ,the food was really good and good value and the staff were excellent from start to finish

Room Tip: top floor front
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jedny
Reviewed May 12, 2012

From the airport you could simply take Airlink 100 bus and get off in West End, this hotel is about 3-5 minutes walk (closer than Waverley Station) and right in front of the West Princes St Garden with the castle. Too bad there is a tram work along the Princes St that make this area a bit messy. This is my first time staying in Premier inn, so I was quite surprised with the check-in process for this new hotel (with the check-in machine). The lady in reception was very friendly though. The room 406 is spacious, with a double bed and a big sofa (could sleep for 3 persons I guess). No view from the window. The bed is okay but the pillows are too soft though they provided 2 kinds of pillow. They give 30 minutes free wi-fi connection in the room but we could buy voucher for 24 hours wi-fi connection for GBP 3. The bathroom has a bath-tub but they don't really provide the bath amenities (again, we could buy it from the hotel).
This hotel gives a good night guarantee but during my stay there I could not sleep well because of the noisy sound from the exhaust/fan in the bathroom (and there is no switch off button!). The next morning I've complained to the reception and she said they will try to repair it or move me to other room. At 6pm I came back to my room and seemed there was no sound anymore but at night after taking a shower that noisy sound was back and made me awake until 3am at least! One more thing, I asked another reception about where the nearest bus stop in West End for going back to the airport since there is a tram work so that many bus stops are closed. She was too lazy to find the information and just told me to go to the Waverley Station. So when I checked out, I followed her advise, walking in the rain for 10-15 minutes to Waverley Station, and when in the bus I found out the next bus stop is in Lothian Road which is only 3 minutes walk from the hotel! If I ever come back to Edinburgh, I think I would prefer to stay in a hotel in Royal Mile area since it's more happening there with many bars open until late at night while in Princes St most of the shops are close at 7pm and the street becomes so quite...

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank susanpradja
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Good product!
Very Good & Central Location!
Good ratio price/product
It is a brand new hotel or fully renovated during the last year!
Good food quality!
The only negative note is for the softness of the bed's mattress!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Good site right on Princess street.
As ever good standard of room.
Very quite in the rooms.
Breakfast is OK, Evening meals are great. Drink range very limited though.
Online checkin was strange, as staff talk you through it ? Might just as well have left the staff to it.
All staff were friendly and helpfull.
Car parking discount is nice £26 down to £10 for 24 hours. But its a bit of a hike with your cases from the carpark. Short route in up and down quite steep hill, through park.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family