“Yum :)”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Yum :)”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Lovely ice-cream and good frozen yoghurt (the peach one is yummy)

The service is good and the prices are reasonable.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Abbie W

edinburgh
“A QUICK BITE TO EAT ON WAY TO DENTAL PRACTICE AND SOME SHOPPING”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

As this restaurant is on the way to my dentist I decided to catch up on some shopping and have a quick snack to eat.

There was a special shop I also wanted to buy an item in near by.

My only complaint are the parking bays.

I did get one across from the shop but it would not accept £ coins - only 20 pence pieces which is rather frustrating. However I managed to scramble in my purse for the coins but the meter only give you an hour to stay!!

I made my purchase and entered Lucas.

I was shown to a table right away and knew what I wished therefore just gave my order for a baked potato with cheese and melted butter, my usual crepe with Luca ice cream ( can't resist) and good hot pot of tea which was served very quickly.

The restaurant was full as always and I hurriedly ate my food as knew the meter was running out!!

The only complaint was that the potato was a little burnt on the bottom.

On saying that the staff were as efficient as ever and friendly.

I had a 40 minute appointment with the dentist therefore thought I had better eat before he started on my tooth!! (I had nothing to worry about)

Will certainly be back for a more slowly lunch in the near future.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank malaikascotland
“something for everyone”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

great coffee.great scones, great ice cream!!!cafe upstairs, quite cosy.no carpark facilities but good bus service

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Karen w
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great cafe food in laid back atmosphere”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Always enjoy Lucas all day breakfast..... As well of course as their ice cream. Just one irritation: please get teapots that pour without half the liquid leaking onto the table!

edinburgh
“Always satisfied in this restaurant”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I often pop into this cafe for a bite to eat when shopping in Morningside if I can get a car space.
Always satisfied with what I order upstairs.

The staff are friendly and service quick and made in front of your eyes.

Try to avoid peak times as a lot of school children come in and the noise is quite loud to say the least!!

As we had booked to go to Thunderball at the Dominion for an afternoon matinee we popped into Luca for a snack lunch.

I had a super baked potato with cheese and butter melting and I just can't resist the crepes with of course Luca's own home made ice cream and a lovely pot of tea to accompany the meal.

My husband had a fruit scone and caramel shortcake and large cup of coffee.

May I take this opportunity of 'thanking the staff at the counter for giving me the fulll jar of Edinburgh rock to take out in 2011 for the orphanage we support in The Shimba Hills - Kenya.

As we were strapped for time my husband rushed me away from the sweet counter -just as well as I always buy too much.

• Visited November 2012