“Bit of fun!”

Ranked #26 of 260 Tours in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Grab a wand and join your robed guide on the original tour in Edinburgh designed for Harry Potter fans! You'll discover magical locations that inspired characters and scenes in the series, visit places where JK Rowling wrote the books and even learn about real-life witches and wizards in medieval Edinburgh. Even if you're not a Harry fan, there's still plenty to entertain you on this lively and atmospheric tour. Suitable for families. Certain tours feature live magic from the fantastic Magus Negus. Tour times change throughout the year - check our website for up to date details. Our tour is free to join and requires no booking - just show up at the right time and you'll be guaranteed a spot! We can also organise private tours at a time to suit you. Again, see our website for more details.
Reviewed December 8, 2014

Will, our guide for the night was energetic, informative and cute! The tour takes a walk around to some of the locations that influenced J. K. Rowling when she was writing the book series. The tour was free but it's recommend that you tip at the end. At the start of the tour we were given wands to practice our magic. An enjoyable experience for Potter fans who wish to get their nerd on!

1  Thank Advisor_Jess
Write a ReviewReviews (1,134)
All reviews
"greyfriars bobby"
in 20 reviews
"victoria street"
in 11 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 9 reviews
"old town"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed December 7, 2014

I think it could improve a lot as it is more about the author than the actual harry potter it's self

1  Thank Laurenatkx
Reviewed December 5, 2014

My boyfriend and I had originally planned to visit all of these sights ourselves and skip the tour. I am so glad that we didn't!

As a big Potter fan, I had an absolute blast on this tour! The tour was very, very interactive and we got to see some live magic as well. If possible, I became an even bigger Potter fan after the tour.

Definitely make this tour a part of your trip to Edinburgh!

Reviewed November 30, 2014

This was a really fun and different tour! Even if you're not a die-hard Potter fan, this tour would still be enjoyable. Our tour guide was great, didn't catch his name but he had crazy purple hair! He showed us various sights around Edinburgh where JK Rowling got inspiration for the books, and just interesting tidbits of information about the Potter world and JKR's life. I'd recommend this tour if you're a die hard Potter fan, or just looking for something different to do in Edinburgh

See more reviews
Reviewed November 24, 2014

This was an enjoyable tour, It is a free tour but you are asked to give whatever you feel it was worth at the end. I enjoyed seeing a different side of Edinburgh walking through the graveyard at night, it was fun as our tour guide resembles harry potter in a black cape and the group are all carrying wands. There was a very large turn out for the tour and I found it very informative and exciting and I don't know much about Harry Potter.