“Well worth a stay”

Premier Inn Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Hotel
Ranked #34 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Excellent hotel, rooms great, staff couldn't be more helpful, breakfast great too. Train station yards away with easy access for Edinburgh city centre and Glasgow. Would definitely recommend for price and quality.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Tony H H, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear maisie12345

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Premier Inn during your recent visit to Edinburgh.

I’m pleased to hear you have enjoyed staying with us and our great location. Thank you for your fantastic review.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Excellent hotel, with friendly and professional staff who were very eager to please and helpful. Family room was spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was bountiful and delicious. WOuld definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Tony H H, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear l_highley2556

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us & enjoyed our fantastic location. I have passed on your comments to our staff that always strive to ensure all our guests have a great stay.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Cannot be faulted. Excellent hotel, great staff and wonderful bed pillows and duvet! What's also great is its location, just minutes from the Gyle shopping centre and a 2 minute walk to the Hermitage Gate Retail Park. The adjacent rail service means you are in the centre if Edinburgh in minutes! I have stayed in many Premierinn's but in my view this us one if the best.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert C

Dear Robert C

Our comfy pillows and snug duvets will be waiting for your next visit.

I hope to see you here again.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Attended this Premier Inn as its close to my daughter in Edinburgh and goiny to football in Glasgow. Great value for money & staff very helpful. 20 metres from train station, but not noisy. Costa within too.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank KEVIN1961_10

Dear KEVIN1961_10

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay & excellent location. Thank you for your positive feedback.

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

On my visit to this premier inn I found it had exceptionally nice staff, consistent through everyone I had any contact with at the hotel. It was the definite strength of this place. In the past three months I've stayed here, the Princes Suites, both Novotels, Le Monde and Nira Caledonia in Edinburgh and the staff here were the best of every hotel. You'll be made to feel very welcome here.

The room is exactly the same as every premier inn really, consistent with the high standard of staff, this one was particularly clean.

The breakfast here was stale and horrible, normally one of the good points of a premier inn over other hotels. That is the only real negative I have here. My room seemed very expensive for a premier inn, I'd shop around for the best deals as there were adverts all over the hotel for 29£ rooms though I'd paid well over £100 a night.

For those not familiar with Edinburgh, this hotel is quite far from town, but right next to a station with frequent trains for a short ride into the centre.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Campbell619
Tony H H, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Campbell619

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us & enjoyed our fantastic location. I have passed on your comments to our staff who always strive to ensure all our guests have a great stay.

With regards to your breakfast, I’m sorry to hear that you did not find it as enjoyable as our other sites. Please give us a call on 0131 338 0130. before your next stay and we will offer you a complimentary breakfast and even cook fresh to order if you would like.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Accomodation in the center of Edinburgh is quite expensive; before booking this hotel, we had seen shabbier places for the same rates or higher, so we opted for this one, which is around 10 minutes away from Edinburgh Waverly station (which is plainly called Edinburgh station most of the time). That ended up being an excellent choice: the facilities are nice and new; the room was really comfortable and quiet and the bed and pillows were great! We stayed on the second floor and our room had a view of Arthur's seat - what a treat! We saw lots of rabbits hopping around near the hotel too, which was curious, since we come from a concrete, zero wildlife city. The staff was really corteous and helpful. There's a cool restaurant in the hotel, where we went for breakfast every day (great value for money) and once for dinner (it didn't blow us away, but it was a decent meal). My only complaint was the internet connection: we had to pay 10 pounds for seven days of really bad service. Such bad connection should be free, I guess. There's a retail park near the hotel, where you can find a big Sainsbury's and a Poundworld, should you need anything. The train station is a few steps from the hotel and it's not always staffed, but there's always a conductor inside the train from whom you can buy tickets. The off-peak, round-trip tickets are cheaper, around 3 pounds, but cannot be used before 9 am and between 5:20 and 6:10 pm. You don't need to take a taxi to get to/from the airport, the bus stop is within walking distance (about 10 minutes). You should take bus number 35 and ask the driver where you should drop off when coming from the airport. All in all, great value for money and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear GrazzyCosta

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us & enjoyed our fantastic location. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms. There’s nothing better than waking up after a comfy sleep to enjoy Edinburgh’s city centre, after all there is a lot to see.

I’m sorry about the issues you had with our Wi-Fi. This was passed on to our internet supplier Arqiva. The issue has since then been resolved. I will be happy to offer you a free Wi-Fi voucher on your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed twice at this hotel, and was well impressed. On this occasion I had slight problems regarding disabled accommodation, but was sorted very quickly and efficiently by the staff. Very pleasant courteous and helpful waitressing staff that went that extra mile to please all guests. Would certainly recommend this hotel to family and friends. See yous all this time next year if not before.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Trish S

Its great to hear that our staff could sort out any issue you may have had efficiently. I have passed on your kind comments to our F&B team who always look to go that extra mile for our guests.

I hope to see you the next time on your 3rd visit to our hotel.