“Excellent stay with first class service.”

Premier Inn Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Hotel
Ranked #31 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
Peterhead, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay with first class service.”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Excellent. Clean hotel with welcoming, friendly staff, we received a first class service. Great location and facilities. We enjoyed the use of the bar and all Meals were lovely and good value for money! Great parking facilities and easy access to train, 2 minutes walk. Would recommend this hotel and would definetly return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Tony H H, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Lindafyv

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Premier Inn during your recent visit to Edinburgh.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us & took advantage of all the facilities within the hotel.

I hope to see you here again on your next visit to Edinburgh to stay with us again, where we will strive to look after you again

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
scotland, uk
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed for one night while we were in Edinburgh for the Christmas winter wonderland & Christmas market. Again it did not disappoint! Welcomed once again by Kerry who is really nice, very cheery & very helpful!! Our room...what you expect from a premier, clean, comfortable & plenty of space. Dinner was lovely & breakfast was great, plenty of choice, breakfast staff very friendly & cheery!!
Travel to city centre very easy on bus or train though the train is much quicker!! Would definitely use this hotel again when visiting Edinburgh & would definitely recommend to a friend!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear sneddz2

It is great to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, which is great with some fantastic transport links to the city Centre & Airport in 10 minutes & the outstanding value for your family.

I have passed onto your kind words to Kerry, great to see our team made a great impression on you & your family again.

I hope to see stay with again for the 3rd time on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Coventry
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Having stayed at this hotel before I suppose I had my expectations that the hotel would be to the previous high standard, well i'm very pleased to say it is.

With many new faces since my last visit I was alittle apprehensive that the hotel would be able to deliver the same attentive service we recieved before but I was wrong, the current staff here are as good as the previous ones if not better.

On arrival I was greated by the first of the new additons that I had the pleasure to meet. Daniela was polite and extreemly helpful in accomodating my request for a higher floor room, and answered my collection of genearl tourist like questions with a smile and genuine interest

The restaurant is where I saw the bigest change as I think everyone I saw was a new face. We were served by a young lady called Fatea, she again was polite, and seemed genuinely interested in how our day had been, we had a short conversation with her impending birth and she said she was excited but more than happy to be going on leave soon so she could rest. We ate our meal which was served in good time, I must admit though my husband was supprised that it was the chef Fili himself that came to see if his steak was to his liking which was a nice touch as you don't often see the people who work behind the scenes.

After a busy day sight seeing and doing the torist thing round the festive German market currently in princes st, we decided to have just a we tipple before bed. Liam the barman was the first familiar face I saw from our last visit, he made conversation with us while he poured our drinks and seemed genuine in his conversation not forced like many other hotels do, and infact his friendly nature and conversation managed to change our quick nightcap into several.

Our room was clean and tidy and the bathroom was spotless. Our only issue with it was that the matress was very uncomfortable just to sit on, it felt like the springs where about to stick through so I was alittle cautious about lying on it so phoned reception from the phone in the room, a lady answerd and offered us an extra duvet to be added to the bed as a matress topper wich seemed like a good idea, so we accepted.
The lady Helen another familiar face was soon at our room duvet in hand, and set about adding this to our bed for us, which was exceptionally kind as she appeared to be only a few weeks short of giving birth
. I offered to help but she said she was more than happy to do it for us, which was a lovely touch, I think most late night receptionist would have just handed the duvet over at the door without a thought for the customers let alone one in her condition.

After a great night sleep we headed down for breakfast to be greated by the most memorable face of all Mr Angel, the charismatic happy breakfast host. And he actually remebered us from before (he must have some memory). once seated we helped ourselves of the all you can eat buffet and plenty coffee to help soak up the excess alchol we consumed the night befor.
Breakfast was well cooked and plenty of choices and was constantly being restocked. Inbetween our choice of hot and cold options Esther the waitress cleared out table so we didn't look like piggys at a feast unfortunatly the small square tablest are not made for more than one plate each. Esther was plesent and even offered to get us more coffee while we ate which was very thoughtful.

On departure we were met by Kerry on recepiton another familiar face. Happy and cheerey but maybe just alittle too intense for 8am for those of you that are just that touch deliacate after the night before.

We where asked about our stay on several occassions through the duration by every department even the early morning housekeeper lyndsay who was just starting work and all I can say is excelent as ever we will be back.

My husband not being the most pc ever did say that maybe he would stay clear of the water as there was obviously something in it as he'd managed to spot not one but four who where expecting amongst the staff, unfortunatly I think the irony was lost on kerry at that point in the day. As she asked him what he thought was wrong with the water.
My mother always said I had to take him everywhere twice once to enyoy it and the second time to appologise.

Thanks for a great stay we will be back again

• Stayed December 2013
Tony H H, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear SummerHolder1

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Premier Inn again!

What an incredible review. The staff are delighted that they have managed to keep to your high standard that we’ve set from your previous stays. Our staff are strive to keep every guest happy and for them to feel at home. On behalf of Daniela, Fateha, Fili, Liam, Helen, Lyndsey Angel, Esther and Kerry thank you for your recognition of their hard work.

Thank you once again for your kind words. No doubt on your next stay we will have our own in house nursery or even a small football team.

We all look forward to seeing you both the next time,

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is a lovely, functional hotel. The staff are fantastic - so friendly and helpful. It's one of those "you get what you pay for" stays. It's not fancy but it's clean and fit for the purpose.
We've stayed here before and found it to be great then too.
The breakfast option is great value for money. I wouldn't choose to stay here for a long period of time due to the "no frills" ethos but for one or two nights it's great.

Room Tip: Never heard any noise from the nearby train station.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Catriona M

It is great to hear that you enjoyed the hotel previously & have chosen to return. I am happy that you have taken the time to credit our 'fantastic' team, I have passed on your nice review to all of the team here.

I hope to see you stay with us again on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed at this Premier Inn for three nights and after staying in quite a few different Premier Inns, we knew what to expect and this one didn't disappoint at all! It was a little tricky to find at first, as my GPS wanted to take us through Edinburgh Park where there are tagged boomgates, but if you follow the hotel directions, it's relatively easy to get to. We were greater by very professional staff, all who were very helpful with what we needed and any questions that we had. Breakfast was the usual Premier Inn breakfast which with thoroughly enjoyed. Rooms were great too and quite a bit of room as well in the room that we had. We had a meal in the restaurant on our last night and that was fabulous, I would recommend eating there!

It's easy to get into Edinburgh as it's only a short train trip away and the station is literally just across the street. There is a Tesco across the train station which is handy and there were ample parking space if you have a car. Definitely worth going back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Tony H H, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear brissyellie

I am delighted to hear that we met your expectations and you found us to be consistent with other Premier Inn's that you have visited. Our team work very hard to ensure they deliver great service so I am glad to hear that you found this to be the case.

I am happy that you loved our fantastic location, with great transport links you can be in the City Centre in 10 minutes; sounds like you enjoyed the ease of travel here in Edinburgh.

I hope to see you here again on your next visit to Edinburgh to stay with us.

Banbury
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights at the beginning of December hoping to experience what Edinburgh can offer over xmas time. Was expecting great things from this hotel, what with all the good reviews and the fact it is advertised as a 4 star.
We arrived a little early for check-in (1 hr early) but as we'd driven over 6hrs to get to the hotel and already wasted a couple of hours wandering around the shops outside, we thought we'd try our luck and see if we could check in early. The response we received from the lady at reception made us feel like we were completely out of order to ask such a thing. We instead took a seat at reception and waited until 14:00 before we tried again, During this time we saw many other people try to check in early and they too received the same rude response - obviously check in is very strictly monitored in this hotel. When it turned 14:00 we approached the reception in order to check in to find all members of staff on the phone or ignoring us. After around ten minutes we deduced that they were having a problem with their computers. And yes I say deduced because at no point did they apologise of explain what the issue was but just left us waiting there whilst they ran around trying to find someone who could fix the issue. Quite frustrating when they knew we'd been sat there for 3/4's of an hour waiting to check in but they didn’t seem to do anything about the computer problem until we approached them.
Once we were checked in, our initial observation was that it was a typical premier inn room, all the basics that you'd ever need. However, my two minor faults with the room were the toilet roll and the towels. The toilet roll and toilet roll dispenser resembles that which you’d find in a public toilet. The dispenser which is attached to the wall allows you to pull out one sheet at a time and the sheets are horrible and tough, literally the cheapest kind you can imagine. It was shocking to think that they're trying to keep the cost down so low that they won’t even spend a little money on toilet roll and a holder. Also, they were quite stingy with the towels, only two per room, which when I had washed my hair meant my boyfriend had nothing to dry himself on.
The next morning it seemed they were still having computer problems when we tried to pay for our breakfast and even though it was their fault they still made us stand outside the restaurant for 15minutes before they finally allowed us to eat and then sort the payment out afterwards. A little tip, if you’re after a simple buffet breakfast there is a Toby Carvery about 5-10minutes drive away which opens at 8am and serves the same that the Premier Inn does at half the price!
The hotel is brilliantly located during the day, its £3 for a return off peak to Edinburgh centre which takes only ten minutes. The trains are very frequent and not normally that busy. It will save you a fortune on parking as the cheapest parking we saw was £6 for two hours. However in the evening there isn’t that much to do around the hotel so you either have to spend all day in Edinburgh or you need a car to get yourself around. Also, the train station that is so handy during the day, will disturb your sleep if your a light sleeper.
On a side note: Edinburgh was amazing, like a mini London. The Christmas markets rival that of Winter Wonderland, with all the locally produced food, drink and gifts, fun fair rides for all ages and an ice rink (but all just on a smaller scale). Also try to get in a visit to The Dome on George St, its amazing! The xmas atmosphere is incredible. The cinema and restaurants in Leith are also really good so definitely something you can do in the evenings if you get bored.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Holiday_Girl1988
Tony H H, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Holiday_Girl1988

Please accept my sincere apologise that you did not looked after to our normal standards on check in, as you will see from previous reviews we actively look after all our guests.

Unfortunately the day that you checked in, due to being full the previous evening combined with late check outs of guests, we could not check you in earlier than our advertised check in time of 2pm.

I have spoken to all of the reception team who have asked me to apologise as this is how their behaviour would ever be perceived by our guests as been rude, as they pride themselves on looking after all our guests.

In regards to the toilet paper, I am very surprised as we do not use cheap toilet paper but rather a well know brand which is chosen for the comfort & consistency alongside all of our other famous brands that we use including Imperial leather, carex, twinning's tea &, kenco coffee (to name just a few) - we do not scrimp on other areas when we are looking to give a great guest experience.

All our rooms are set up to a specific standard, but we are happy to give additional items when required including towels, irons & teas/coffees - all of this information is included within the brand book (located in bedrooms), & this can all be brought to your room by calling or speaking to any of our reception team.

I do hope that you choose to stay & give Premier Inn another chance to look after you properly on your next break.

opsmgr.edinburghpark@whitbread.com
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights whilst hubby was working nearby. The hotel is lovely and the staff couldn't be more helpful, always a smile and a word of two whenever we came back or passed the reception during the evening. Everything spotlessly clean and plenty of hot water. We ate in the restaurant and couldn't fault the food. The home made soup was yummy!

Very convenient for the train into Edinburgh, literally just outside the hotel and just £3 return (£3.80 peak times) to the centre of town. Would certainly recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: we could see the road and car park from our room but no noise whatsoever.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Babs_Phil

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Premier Inn.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us & and made use of our fantastic transport links to Edinburgh City Centre. The Train taking only 10 minutes is a convenient and great value way to travel.

We look forward to seeing you the next time.