“Quite enjoyed it”

Ranked #33 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Internet
“Quite enjoyed it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed there twice in 2012. Liked it from the first time. Good location, great value for money. Compared to some other 'quality' hotels... this one had no problem with quality (unlike more expensive ones that I won't name).

Only fault was the payment system. First time I checked in ... no trouble with my credit cards at all. Second time... the machine would NOT accept my credit card. Very embarrassing. I would suggest that staff look into that issue.

Very central location; and I liked the shopping malls nearby too. Quite convenient if/when the trams finally start running! Wow! Even easy to get to from the airport... fingers crossed!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Obblogatory
Tony H H, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Obblogatory

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Premier Inn during your recent visit to Edinburgh.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do pride ourselves on delivering a great guest experience, which I am happy that you have experienced.

You are correct, our location is fantastic only 10 minutes on a train into city centre & when trams are up & running (hopefully spring 2014) will be only 10 minutes to Edinburgh Airport.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights with friends for my birthday and had a fab time! From walking in to this hotel to check out everything was perfect. This isnt like any other premier inn ive stayed in before, its fresh and clean and the staff do all they can to help you.
First off we got lost with sat nav, after a quick phone call to the hotel the receptionist on duty managed to sort us with a better postcode that took us straight there. When we arrived she greeted us with a smile and explained everything and booked dinner and breakfast for us. She was Polish, not long married (sorry cant remember how to spell her name). But she was lovely and very welcoming. We went to freshen up and the rooms were spotless. We were on the top floor and overlooking the train station but didnt hear a thing! The beds were really comfy and had freeview tv! Went for meal deals for dinner around £22, great value would highly reccomend. Got breakfast in this price too. The food was tasty and the staff in the restaurant were very friendly and polite. We were served by the same girl on dinner and on breakfast and she recognised us every time we met around the hotel and would make time to chat (very personable, thank you Debbie) she sorted us all out with a big desert for my birthday, nice touch and all of the staff sang to me! They were all wonderful!
All in all this was a great trip and ill definately be back around new year. Keep up these great standards premier inn!
Thank you for making my birthday special and for being so nice!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear NikitaAlderton

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your kind words to both Alicia & Debbie who are delighted that they enhanced your stay with us here in Edinburgh. As a team at the hotel, we do strive to deliver & exceed all our guests’ expectations & I am happy that we have managed that & ensured you had a great birthday with us here in Edinburgh.

Elgin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Decided to stay here on my parents recommendation and was glad I took their advice. The hotel is next to Edinburgh Park rail station which has trains that get into the City centre in 5 or so mins for £3 return. There is plenty of free parking on site and the staff were good enough to let us keep the car there while we went to the Rugby at Murrayfield. The rooms were quiet and spotless which is what to expect from Premier Inn. The onsite restaurant was good and theres a little bar too. The price was spot on for the stay which is refreshing for Edinburgh.

Room Tip: When travelling to the Premier inn follow signs to the Gyle centre and then signs for Edinburgh Park...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dooug46
Dear dooug46

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Premier Inn during your recent visit to Murrayfield.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us & hopefully show that listening to your parents has definitely paid off with you discovering us as your hotel of choice in Edinburgh.

I hope to see you here again on your next visit to Edinburgh to stay with us when you are here watching rugby with us again in Edinburgh.

Inverurie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed here twice now - very clean, comfortable and quiet. Last time we stayed we had just arrived in Edinburgh after an overnight flight from New York via Heathrow. Although check-in is not till 2pm we turned up at midday, very weary, and the lovely people on the front desk managed to get us into our room straight away.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Laurence Y

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us & that this was now your 2nd visit! Although check in is not until 2pm, all of our reception team are fully trained to ensure that whatever our guests need, we try to deliver & I am very happy that you have experienced this service on your stay.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Nice and clean but away from everything. Because it is away from town it was nice and quiet. Short train ride into town and the train station is literally a 1 minute walk from the hotel. Very nice and good for the price plus breakfast was good but not cheap at 12 quid

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Will A

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that you did not feel that breakfast was great value, our breakfast service & value is something that we pride ourselves on, for only £8.95 each, all our guests can 'eat as much as they like' for their breakfast which is incredible value.

St. Neots, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed during the summer when we visited the Fringe festival.
This is a nice new Premier Inn and one of the best we have stayed in. They were so close to 5 stars, until I found a week old newspaper under the bed, when we were doing our final check round before checking out. But apart from that, the room was very clean and all the staff were very nice.
The is a nice big free car park.
The airport is very close, but we hardly noticed any airplanes.
There is a nice Costa in reception and the breakfast in the Thyme restaurant was one of the best for a Premier Inn (just a bit expensive in my opinion).
The location is great, directly across the road from the railway, then only a short 10-15 min train ride into the centre of Edinburgh.
There is also a Tesco, 5 mins walk over the railway line.
The only problem with the location, is that it is confusing how to drive into the hotel, as the sat nav tried to take us in via a barrier controlled road. In fact you have to go further up the main road, then come back down through the estate.
If you like Chinese food we can highly recommend Cool Jade.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear DA2003

I am very happy that you thought that we are one of the "best Premier Inn's" - certainly looks happy that all areas of the hotel made your experience a great one & delighted you choose to stay with us.

Please accept my apologise for the issues that arose that stopped us getting 5 stars, this has been fully investigated by my housekeeping team who will ensure that this does not occur again in the future.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in other travel lodge, holiday inn, premier Inn style hotels in Edinburgh and this is hands down the best so far. I am stuffed like a pig the food is amazing, nice and clean rooms etc and the staff are friendly. The atmosphere in the restaurant was relaxing and genuinely had a good time.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank carl_steveo
Tony H H, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear carl_steveo

I am very happy that you thought the hotel was 'awesome' - certainly looks happy that all areas of the hotel made your experience a great one & delighted you choose to stay with us, over some of the competition on offer.