“rugby weekend”

Premier Inn Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Hotel
Ranked #39 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed March 10, 2013

just spent 2 nights at this hotel and was very impressed with staff and the service , kerry at the reception was very polite and helpful, and angel in the restaurant was very pleasant and helpful gracias angel. very handy for moterways and the train station is 2 minutes from the door with trains into edinburgh every 15 minutes and it is a 10 minute journey and will cost you £3 return. would recomend

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,740)

Reviewed March 8, 2013

If you have a preconceived idea of what Premier Inns are like, try staying here! It's a great hotel; very clean (although it's pretty new so has had a chance to get dingy!), fantastically welcoming staff, and very conveniently located. It's next to the South Gyle business park & industrial estate, and also right next to Edinburgh Park railway station. Despite this I didn't hear a single train during my stay, and I'm quite a light sleeper. I did get a top floor room furthest from the station though, so maybe that helped. My only criticism is that the window in the room is locked shut, "for my safety and security" according to the sticker. On the fourth floor I can only assume that this is because the local crows have a habit of mugging sleeping tourists.

Food in the restaurant was fairly good but not exceptional, and pretty good value.

A word of caution - it's nowhere near where it says it is on Tripadvisor's map (neither is Edinburgh Park station for that matter). It's map reference is: 55.928084, -3.308043

A couple of notes to Premier Inn - your staff are excellent - please be nicer to them! Firstly, whatever your marketing people might tell you, I don't want to be "greeted" when I arrive, then have to balance the credit card reader on the corner of a stupid podium when I enter my PIN, that the "greeter" has to stoop at to use because it's too low. I want a proper receptionist, sitting behind a proper desk, where I can properly execute a business transaction. Secondly, in the restaurant you have great staff too, so please let me leave them a tip on my credit card!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect for £29 but we got far more than our monies worth. This hotel is new and it has everything you need in a hotel. We travelled to edinburgh to go to a gig and do some shopping and this was the perfect location for both as it was so cheap and easy to get back and forward from the city centre. Staff could not have been more friendly and attentive to our needs. We were given a room that overlooked the train station but we did not hear a thing on either of the nights we stayed. We ate in the hotel restaurant on our second evening and the food was really nice. My friend had a mozzarella salad and a chicken romana pasta and I had calamari and chicken Caesar salad, both meals were lovely and our meal including drink and a tip cost less than £30. Only downside of this hotel is trying to find it with sat nav as ours did not recognise the post code but we made a quick call to the hotel and the receptionist was very helpful. All in all a very good stay, a fantastic hotel with lovely staff. Would highly recommend for anyone looking for genuine bargain.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed here on business for 5 nights last week, couldn't have asked for nicer, friendly and real Scottish staff! Room was spacious and comfortable, very clean and well serviced, prices are very reasonable for both food and drink - cheaper than Frankie & Bennys which is fairly local. Only slight niggle is the noise of the trains, take ear plugs if you're noise sensitive, other than that - excellent!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at Edinburgh Park - The Gyle for a long weekend having received a free trip on the ferry. Our stay was excellent from the minute we arrived. We were very warmly welcomed by Kerry, a very bubbly receptionist. She could not have done more for us. The hotel is very convenient to Edinburgh Park Railway Station. Trains stopping here get to Princess Street in about 15 minutes. Our room was very good with everything you would expect. The menu in the restaurant has an excellent variety and again the staff can't do enough for you. I would have no hesitation in staying in this hotel again. This hotel has an excellent team of staff, just what you need for a brand new hotel. Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The girls at the check in were very friendly, explaining everything about the hotel to you.

The Edinburgh Park Railway station is a few feet away, giving regular trains to Waverly and Haymarket for £3 off peak return.

Car park seemed to be empty most of the time.

Breakfast was normal Premier Inn standard, so very good. Freshly cooked.

Would stay here again for sure, when visiting Edinburgh in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here overnight as we were catching an early morning flight, the room was spacious and clean. The room was very warm though, even with the air con on. There is a train station across from the hotel with a direct train into the city. We never ate at the hotel, but the menu looked good and reasonably priced. Good all round accommodation for £40.00. Would I stay again? Yes.

• Stayed: February 2013