Premier Inn Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Hotel
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
$508
1,824 results
All reviewstrain stationcosta coffeecity centrethyme restaurantretail parkmeal deallarge tescoreturn tickettransport linkstram servicetram systemday ticketeasy accessbreakfast and dinnerexcellent hotelfamily roomgood nights sleep
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I've stayed at this Premier Inn twice now and have had a consistently good experience on both occasions. My main reason for choosing this particular Premier Inn over others is its location - right next door to Edinburgh Park railway station. It's easy enough to get to by car and then once there it's so easy to get into and out of Edinburgh (or Glasgow if you like) by train. Once the tram system is eventually completed that will give yet another option for local travel, plus it will link to the airport.

The standard of the rooms and the public areas is excellent - I really can't fault it. We ate breakfast there both mornings on this trip and having a 15 year old with us he could eat for free as long as one of us paid for a full breakfast, so I felt paying £13.50 fpr breakfast for 3 of us was very good value, and the food and drink was very good quality.

I will definitely use this Premier Inn again in the future

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was my first ever stay in a Premier Inn, and having taken advantage of an excellent advance purchase rate, I was looking forward to sampling this hotel.

It is a short taxi ride from Edinburgh Airport, and I was very impressed with the initial appearance. I was curious to try the self service check in, and found if simplicity itself. A very helpful young lady enquired if I needed help, but I had already mastered the system. Later, she was very prompt ad friendly when I asked for additional pillows.

The hotel is right beside bus and rail services, both of which are pretty frequent. Being in an industrial estate, it is very quiet at night. The Gyle Shopping centre is a short bus trip away, Edinburgh Waverley is a 10 minute train ride, which makes it perfect for exploring the city.

The hotel is only a few months old and is in immaculate condition. The bedroom was basic but very attractive nonetheless. I was a little annoyed at being able to hear neighbouring doors closing, and this woke me during the night. One small glitch was a bed whose base was prone to creaking when I moved.

Continental buffet breakfast is a reasonable £5.25, and is pretty good value. The coffee alone is well worth the price. Restaurant staff were only too happy to show me where everything was and clearly enjoyed interacting with the hotel guests.

On checking out, I was asked if everything had been alright. I mentioned how pleasant the hotel and staff were but in view of the noise of doors closing and creaking bed, my night's sleep was less than perfect. Without further ado, the receptionist immediately invoked the "Good Night's sleep" guarantee. Not only did she refund the cost of the room, but did so with the utmost grace and charm.

Never before have I been so well treated by a major hotel chain. Premier Inn deserve great praise for empowering their staff to deal with customers in such a positive manner.

Premier Inn Edinburgh Park sets the standard for others to follow. Well done all.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PATJORDAN
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Proving good quality does not have to mean poor service ! Handy location close to airport (£9 in Taxi) and across the road for train to City Centre (£8.70 return 2Adults/2Kids). Staff were all you could ask and Hotel is very new, clean and smart. Again all you could ask for and brilliant value at £39 for family room. Definitely will use again. Breakfast was great value at £8.25 per adult but Under 16's free so average of £4.10 per person for all you can eat breakfast with cheaper options available. Only complaint was eggs and hash browns were dried up from waiting to be served but once this was noted to the staff they immediately replaced them with fresh ones.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2012

...when they say everything is premier but the price!

Very reasonable prices, and I think it helps that this hotel is newish, so everything still looks spic & span!

This hotel is about 10 minutes drive from the airport (a taxi fare will set you back about £10), and is right next to Edinburgh Park train station, meaning that you can catch a train straight into the centre of Edinburgh in 10-15 minutes (off peak return is about £2.80).

Check in was easy – there is a self service check in machine, plus someone on hand if you’re not sure how to use it! Most staff members were very friendly and helpful. The hotel offers luggage storage and also a taxi phone, which connects directly to a taxi service.

The room was a fair size, and everything was neat and clean, even the inside of the kettle that is provided in the room, along with tea, coffee and milk.

One of the biggest surprises was the restaurant. The food was surprisingly good! I really wasn’t expecting anything spectacular, but the steak was really very good, and the apple crumble with custard was divine! Breakfast was on par with expectations, although I did not have the hot breakfast.

All in all a great stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We booked the premier inn - the Gyle as part of our fathers birthday present, who has mobility problems.

It was easy to find, being in the middle of an industrial estate and had good parking. It had excellent access to both bus and train links to the city of Edinburgh.

Although we used the quick check in, we had a receptionist at hand in case of any problems. The receptionists were always polite and friendly and would speak to you as you passed.

The room was of the usual premier inn quality - very good.

We had a meal and drinks in the restaurant on site and there was plenty of choice. The food and the service were both very good.

On the 2nd night our father decided he wanted to go further afield to eat but there didn't seem many other alternatives around the area so we ended up eating at the local frankie and bennys.

The breakfast was very good. The restaurant manager was very helpful and accommodating and deserves a special mention

We've now stayed at many premier inn hotels and they are now firmly our first choice. If you book early enough they are very good value for money, they have great, polite and well trained staff, many of which go out of their way to hep you, the breakfasts are very good and they always have a decent night time menu.

Keep up the good work premier inn. After having recently stayed in another chain of hotel, your service is second to none.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family