“A Welcome Surprise...”

Corstorphine Inn
Ranked #1,118 of 2,460 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“A Welcome Surprise...”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

visited to attend my Grandfather's 90th Birthday and there were a lot of us.. which surprisingly the kitchen coped with very well indeed.. I wasn't expecting such a high standard of food either given the fact it's not a gastropub .. but it was excellent all round!...

• Visited April 2014

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable evening.”
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

I have been coming to this pub for a meal and drinks since 1976 and my latest visit,with five friends,was as enjoyable as ever.The menu is not as varied as it was a year ago but the quality had been enhanced.The meals are very reasonably priced but we only drank colas as we are all drivers.We waited 30 minutes for the meal but that is understandable as it is cooked fresh.Service was very attentive.It was good to have football on in the background.The atmosphere is always welcoming.All six of us agreed to return in the autumn.

Visited April 2014
Gateshead, England, United Kingdom
“Made most welcome by Manager & Staff”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We have just celebrated my Dad's 90th birthday with family in the Corstorphine Inn. We had a variety of meals and no complaints. Thank you David for making the afternoon a great success.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Moira V
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A bit of a let down”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

A friend & I go out for a pub lunch every week & last week we went to the Corstorphine Inn. The service was friendly, & after our food arrived I asked if I could possibly have some extra gravy on my meal. The lady who served us brought me a little jug of gravy. For afters we both chose ice cream with double cream. When it came, the cream was missing so we pointed this out & were told that they had run out of double cream. We were disappointed but we both enjoyed our meal, the food was very nice.
However, when we got the bill, they had charged an extra 59p for the extra gravy! No deduction was made for the lack of double cream on the ice cream. We will not be back. I know that profit margins are important but this was downright mean! Was it really worth losing what might have been 2 regular customers for the sake of a pennysworth of gravy??

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank ljmmuk
Edinburgh Scotland
“Quality Food & Drink”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is fast becoming my regular local despite there being other pubs in the area closer to me. The food menu has changed dramatically with the offering now much smaller than the previous menu. The barman told me that they had replaced quantity with quality.Having eaten food from both the old and the new menu I can see where he is coming from and I would thoroughly reccomend food at this pub.

As for the drinks on offer..................keep the guest ciders coming guys and I will forever be happy!

• Visited March 2014