firstly you need to appreciate that these reviews are totally subjective and based upon personal experience
we stayed here many years ago when they first opened and as we were a family heading for an early flight from Edinburgh airport decided to try this for a night. the young scots girl who ''talked us down''and checked us in was very friendly and helpful. we had paid in advance for parking
(£15 per night) and we found the car park by turning in at the Tesco express and then right and down to the silver coloured gates. all was going well, the apartments are well laid out and quite comfortable and certailnly well located. there was tea and coffee in the kitchen and even milk in the fridge.
the problem we had was with the bathrooms, the water only ran at a trickle and there was no hot water, with the result that the toilet cistern took around 20 minutes to fill and the
water tank/boiler wich is located in a cupboard in the lounge dribbled away noisily all evening . there was running cold water in the kitchen tap and fortunately the shower worked
we complained to reception but were told that there was nothing that could be done and that they would get it fixed the next day, which was obviously no good to us
its just that as we paid £250 for an apartment for a night and to have only a dribble of cold water, no hot water and a limited use of the toilet I think that this is generally unacceptable
regarding rooms, the ground floor apartment windows only have pull down blinds which you need to use to stop passing pedestrians looking in. also we had the apartment in which the
automatic entrance door was fixed to the other side of the bedroom wall, as a result we could hear the motor mechanism every time it opened and late on it we heard a beeping noise, which we think was an alarm attached to the door to alert staff of people coming in.
if the water situation had been ok, we would have had a good stay but there you go
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holyrood Aparthotel offers you best hotel accommodation in Edinburgh. Choose one of our exclusive self catering apartments and enjoy the privacy & services of a hotel room but with with the freedom and space more like home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, ACCOR, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holyrood apartHOTEL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holyrood ApartHOTEL Edinburgh, Scotland
- Holyrood Aparthotel Hotel Edinburgh