Holyrood apartHOTEL
The Scotsman Hotel(Edinburgh)
$156
$123
  • Room Service
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$168
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
1,092 results
All reviewsroyal milepizza expresswashing machineliving roomwater pumpsmall tescoapartment hotelbreakfast basketfull kitchenseparate bedroomsmilk in the fridgeloaf of breadscottish parliamentarthur's seatthese apartmentsdvd playergreat apartment
Reviewed September 4, 2013

There were two of us, work colleagues, sharing -- and it was no problem. Had plenty of privacy in the two bedroom format (room 506). We spent our time out sightseeing so didn't get to take advantage of the lovely room, around the corner from King Arthur's Seat (amazing hikes!). Beds very comfortable, showers good, kitchen fantastic. We had the breakfast basket, and that was really nice to have juice, milk, toast and cereal for our first morning. The only minor complaint was that there was a water pump that was quite noisy. We got around it by not running water once people went to bed. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NancyLise
EdinburghCollection, General Manager at Holyrood apartHOTEL, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

A smashing write up for the Holyrood Aparthotel and I would like to extend a big "Thank You" to this guest for letting me know what a great time they had in Edinburgh, and at the Aparthotel. Hope to see them again soon...

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We discovered Holyrood apart hotel thru tripadvisor reviews. Stayed this summer for 4 nights .
The location is perfect at the end of Royal mile. The two bedroom apartment was spacious and had all the conveniences in the kitchen. well maintained. The hop on bus stop is close and don't miss the tesco.
The staff are cooperative and helpful.
The only problem I had was with the washing machine and the dryer for some reason was not working.
Overall a great location and great value.

Room Tip: take a two bedroom on gr floor o the far side and less noisy
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Many thanks for choosing the Holyrood Aparthotel and for posting such a wonderful review. I am sorry to hear that you had an issue with the Washer/Dryer but I am glad to learn that we were able to replace the unit in question quickly.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

A beautiful little hotel. Great Location. I was in Edinburgh working on a documentary for Canadian television. I was literally gob-smacked when I walked into the room - two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room and a kitchen - all to myself and my camera gear and I have a lot of camera gear. Getting gear into and out of the room was a little challenging as the halls and doors were narrow but I expect that in Europe. They have an elevator to the secure parking area so that was a big bonus. The staff was great - courteous, friendly, helpful - despite having to deal with a jet-lagged camera crew and a bus-load of tourists at the same time. Easy walking distance to pubs, restaurants, convenience store, book store, Scottish Parliament yet on a quiet backstreet. Very reasonably priced for what you get, I plan to stay there with my family next year when we visit relatives in Scotland.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pocketsrogers

A super review and many thanks for finding the Holyrood Aparthotel. I am grateful for the kind words and do look forward to welcoming you again next year.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Had a lovely time staying here. Perfect for our needs (apartment rather than a hotel room) and its location is well within walking distance of the Castle and Princes St for all the shopping. It is also right on the doorstep of the sights and sounds of the Royal Mile where the choice of restaurants, cafe's and pubs is very extensive.
The Aparthotel itself is very clean, comes with all kitchen utilities (apart from wine glasses for some reason, if they were there, I couldn't see them). But coffee, tea, sugar and fresh milk was provided on arrival.
There is a carpark which comes at 10 pounds per night which I think is reasonable considering that car parking in Edinburgh appears to be at a premium. The car park is small so can imagine at peak season, or festival time it would be full. However parking can be reserved on booking.
Overall, if I ever come back to Edinburgh I would be looking to come back so no more to be said, very satisfied with the stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
EdinburghCollection, General Manager at Holyrood apartHOTEL, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Many thanks to this guest for a super review of the Holyrood Aparthotel and I am glad to read they will be coming back to us at some point. When they do -and for the benefit of future guests - they will find the wine glasses in the sideboard unit in the lounge (under the TV).

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Hotel: location is close enough to castle and main streets to walk to unless you are handicapped. We took a bus from the airport, but then had to hike quite a ways with our luggage. Might be best to take a cab from the airport if you have lots of things to carry.

Check in is 2pm but our flight put us at the hotel at 10. We were so jet lagged and tired that we would have slept on the floor, but no rooms were ready, so we left our bags and walked around until we couldn't function anymore. The attendant (Jess I think) was really kind and managed to let us check in by noon so we could go to bed. The lobby has a computer and printer if you need it. There wasn't any wifi, but I had full internet service through my cell enabled ipad and our phones. We made a few local calls and the fee was super reasonable. 2 of us checked out before the other 3 and it was a very easy process.

We had a double/double with a fold out sofa for a 5th guest. The 2 bathrooms were nice and there was plenty of hot water. The beds were hard as rocks, but I think that's the euro standard and something Americans might not be used to. The kitchen had a mini fridge, washer/dryer combo, and dishwasher. There was a tea kettle and they stocked the kitchen with black tea and sugar. There was a lot of outside noise- seagulls, people yelling from the festival and tattoo, but I had earplugs and was fine. There was a little mouse in the kitchen, but the staff responded immediately and I'm sure that wont be the case for the next people. The rooms are a bit like college dorm living with fire doors and separation.

There is a tesco express right around the corner as well as the Queen's Museum, plenty of pubs, shops, a Starbucks, etc.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify double/double vs single/single for 2 bedrooms and confirm before arriving.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

A smashing review of the Holyrood Aparthotel - much appreciated!