We arrived in Edinburgh without a hotel reservation. Crazy, right? Well, we went to the "Old Waverly" and they didn't have a room with 2 seperate beds so they set us up in their sister hotel. They even paid the cab fare for us to get there. How great is that? We had a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom place that was clean, efficient and had everything we needed for our 4 day stay in Edinburgh. Imagine our surprise when we woke up the next morning to find that we were located only 1 block from the "Royal Mile" and just around the corner from the Palace and Parliament.
Our place had a microwave, fridge, washer and dryer, TV, and it was even stocked with coffee and tea. Gotta love the towel warmers in the bathroom, too! The building seemed very safe. You could only access the building by room key card or buzzing the front desk. The only thing it lacked was free wifi. The cost was 5 pounds per day (per device). If we wanted to use all our internet devices (ipad, smartphones and tablet) is would have cost a fortune. Just step around the corner though and you can use the free wifi at either the Starbucks or Foodie restaurant. They also had a computer in the lobby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holyrood Aparthotel offers you best hotel accommodation in Edinburgh. Choose one of our exclusive self catering apartments and enjoy the privacy & services of a hotel room but with with the freedom and space more like home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holyrood apartHOTEL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holyrood ApartHOTEL Edinburgh, Scotland
- Holyrood Aparthotel Hotel Edinburgh