“Very nice interior and good food!”
Review of Cafe Renroc

Cafe Renroc
Ranked #530 of 2,556 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My friends and I stayed in Edinburgh recently and since we were staying in a flat nearby this cafe, we had our brunch in Cafe Renroc twice, in the area downstairs.
We really like the way they've done the place; the interior and the atmosphere are great. We also enjoyed our food, especially the eggs Benedict and the Hillside sandwich. Good value for money too.
The service was all right - better the second day than the first day, but that's because the waiter on the second day was much friendlier and she made the effort to accommodate all our needs.
Would definitely go again when in Edinburgh!

1  Thank Rusalina I
There are newer reviews for Cafe Renroc

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Visited Cafe Renroc for sunday brunch a couple of weeks ago. It was all in all a terrible experience. The staff looked pretty stretched, which appeared to have an impact on their attitudes as well. Apart from being told to sit down when trying to order a drink the main issue appeared to be with the kitchen. Our table of three ordered at the same time, but got the first plate 20 minutes earlier than the other two, even though another of our party had ordered the same dish. This appeared to be the norm, because every other table we could see had people tucking in to their meals, with others obviously still waiting for their food. I was fortunately the one who got served first and would have forgiven eating alone if my Eggs Benedict had been up to scratch. The intentionally cold hollandaise sauce was a novelty served on the side which was a disappointing twist on this classic dish. To be fair it wasn't my first time visiting the, but the first time I had eaten in for a few years. I would stop by to pick up a coffee and a bacon roll in the future, but don't think I would bother with brunch there again.

1  Thank Matthew S
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Renroc is an absolute gem of a place. The service is delightful and personal without being overbearing. Everything from breakfast to coffee and cake through to dinner is prepared with obvious love and care. We stay with friends just round the corner on our frequent visits to Edinburgh and always make a point of spending time what has become one of my favourite places.

1  Thank Laurie M
Reviewed August 20, 2013

A friendly neighbourhood cafe with great homebakes, can recommend the chocolate and guiness cake, also the bbq ribs just fell off the bone.

1  Thank hjoanc2013
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Fresh food cooked perfectly. Attentive friendly staff who couldn't do anything more for you. A crisp & clean restaurant. I would certainly recommend to everyone. Great food, Great service & Family freindly. Can't wait until our next visit