“Luxurious With High Standards”
Review of Kew House

Kew House
Ranked #6 of 393 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Glasgow
“Luxurious With High Standards”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I spent 3 nights at Kew House.
On arrival I was welcomed by Ian the welcome is warm and friendly.
Ian give me a map of Edinburgh with the bus numbers to the city on it.
I was then shown to my room a single at the back of the house with a view of the Pentland Hills.
The room is well decorated and coordinated you have everything you need for a comfortable stay.
The single bed is very comfortable which made for a good nights sleep, the bedding is of a good quality.
There is a Lcd tv with a good selection of channels and wifi available throughout the house with no signal issues.
Plenty of tea, coffee and hot chocolate with a chocolate brownie regularly replenished.
There was sherry with a box of chocolates in the room, also when I came back to the room in the evening there was a chocolate on the pillow a nice touch.
The breakfast is excellent you have a choice from a continental to full cooked, the food is excellent quality you will not go hungry here.
Ian and Allan are excellent hosts friendly welcoming and considerate they run a first class establishment, they have a beautiful home it is well kept immaculately clean with good levels of service.
You pay a bit more for Kew House but what you get in return is worth it.

Room Tip: All rooms would be of a high standard.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank saltire_10
ianEdinburgh, Owner at Kew House, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hopefully will see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Finnish first
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here during the week over Halloween and would definitely recommend it.
It is a ten minute stroll into Edinburgh, which we liked, but you can also jump on the very frequent buses which take you into Edinburgh in just a few minutes.

The room was lovely and clean as was the rest of the guest house there was also free, secure parking which we needed. Ian and Alan were the perfect hosts, recommending places for us to eat and visit and cooking us a lovely Scottish breakfast in the morning.

I have already recommended Kew house to friends given how expensive it is to stay in the well known hotels in Edinburgh city centre these days.

Thanks for looking after us Ian & Alan!

• Stayed October 2013
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My daughter, husband and I stayed in Kew House as part of a sight seeing trip to Edinburgh. Our room was absolutely perfect with linens, bedding, beds, bathroom etc. of high caliber. The room was immaculate and luxurious. Colour schemes were relaxing and decor well thought out. There is parking at the back that is fenced in from the alley. Our host efficiently welcomed us to our room.

The breakfast includes a variety of items to satisfy anyone. As well, a hot Scottish breakfast was prepared for each of us - or at least the parts we wanted. Delicious. An effort was made by our hosts to be helpful in regards to questions and engage in conversation.

As you can see, everything seems to have been done perfectly at the Kew House. I am not sure why I felt like I was staying at a hotel rather than a bed and breakfast. I choose B&Bs when I travel because I want more of a feeling of the people living in an area. Although my stay at the Kew House was excellent, I did find it officious. However, I would definitely recommend it as excellent accommodation in Edinburgh.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Thank you both for helping us out, when we were badly disappointed elsewhere in the City. Nothing is too much trouble, and we slept soundly in comfy, clean beds. Breakfasts were very, very good! The advice too on eating out, parking, walking etc etc was also very helpful. One of the best I've ever stopped in, thank you.

Stayed October 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We booked last minute having read reviews.Good location,easy to get into town on foot,by bus or just £5 in a taxi.Secure parking at this fab spotless 5 star B&B.Our bedroom was immaculate and perfect,breakfast was beautiful and of great quality and the owner was extremely informative of Edinburgh,things to do and restaurants.We wouldn't hesitate to return when we next visit Edinburgh.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jotamarindo
Herefordshire
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Perfect location, secure parking, great hosts and a good nights sleep what more could you want!

Couldn't recommend more highly would come back again, lovely city to explore however we were able to find some hidden treasures after recommendations on arrival.

The rooms were immaculate, very modern and you could tell that there was that extra effort made to make our stay comfortable without any worries.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris C
ianEdinburgh, Owner at Kew House, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thanks for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Kew House. As I've said before we take our hospitality very seriously and sometimes we're not always sure if we "hit the mark" with all guests so appreciative comments such as yours give us the energy and incentive to keep on going. Hope to see you again at Kew House.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We've just completed a tour of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. We stayed at a large number of good B&Bs, but Kew House would be in the top 3. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet, and for Aussies the bonus was a real fridge. But the real highlights were our wonderful hosts, Alan and Ian - endlessly helpful and discreet with all guests. When we return to Edinburgh this is where we will stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ianEdinburgh, Owner at Kew House, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and it will be good to see you again too. I hope the rest of the holiday went well.