“best indian takeaway in edinburgh”
Review of Jashans Restaurant

Jashans Restaurant
Ranked #966 of 2,566 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Jashans Restaurant part of a group of award winning restaurant, serving the best in Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine right in the heart of Slateford.
Reviewed March 18, 2012

highly recomended. used to visit when it was oscars bar and grill and was a bit sceptical about jashans for some reason. Having now had two takeaways in recent weeks i am no longer sceptical. Edinburgh has a number of excellent Indian restaurants/takeaways and this place is right up there with the best of them.

7  Thank coconut-monkey09

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Finally popped in for a takeaway on a rainy Wednesday night for the first time (even though I live just across the road!).
Ordered Veg Pakora (excellent) and Chicken Tikka Massala and garlic naan (both very tasty). The food was delicious and the masalla had a slightly coconutty flavour, which we really enjoyed, it felt a bit more 'luxury' if you know what I mean.
We normally get our takeaways from Guru Balti (which is also excellent) and Jashans made a refreshing change from the usual, so we'll definatley go back again.
I would recommend it for a takeaway but the restaurant is very stylish inside so I would imagine a sit in meal would be a real treat too.

5  Thank Cheruba35
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We went to this restaurant with our two young children. We knew it previously as Oscar's - a wine bar - that could not allow children, so it was nice to have somewhere local that we could go to as a family. We were made to feel welcome very quickly, and although the interior looks very smart, we didn't feel as I'd we had to tell the kids to Shush! every few moments. It was already quite busy when we arrived even though we we catering for children's mealtimes, and it looked like they had bookings for most tables, as you'd hope for a Saturday night.

We had a mixed kebab for starter, with chicken and lamb and a bhaji. We all loved it, and even though the lamb kebab was moderately spicy, our 6 year old loved it. We then had ginger chicken, butter chicken, saag aloo, rice and naan. Saag aloo is the dish I tend to judge all Indian restaurants by, and theirs was lovely. The butter chicken was amazing - indescribable in a very positive way - but the ginger chicken was just a little disappointing. Very tasty, but not what we expected. Having said that, we'd be hard pushed to say exactly what we expected, but while very nice it was nothing outstanding.

The decor is lovely, and the staff attentive and friendly. Good value for money (£8.50 for a typical main course) and good for families, couples, groups, the lot. A welcome addition to Edinburgh.

5  Thank pdoll
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Had a atkeaway from here last night and it was lovely, defo reccommend!! Best indian takeaway ive had in edinburgh! Will defo be going back

6  Thank Ed1nburgh
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Had our valentines meal at Jashans after a recommendation from a friend. To say we were not disappointed is an understatement. From the moment we stepped in we were made to feel very welcome and important, nothing was too much for the eager to please waiting staff. I ordered my usual Lamb Jalfrezi and honestly have never had such a tastier one in my life. All ingredients were cooked to perfection, peppers still had a tiny crunch, meat fell apart in my mouth and there were enough chilli's, infact that much that I left some (which I never do). All washed down with a draft Cobra - Awesome. My valentine had the chicken chilli masallam and again awesome. We both left very happy, very stuffed and if you want to treat yourself, friends or family to a tasty meal then Definitely try this place out 10/10 - and I'm not that easily pleased

5  Thank GARRY-SCOTT