We stayed here in July 09 as part of our honeymoon. We'd stayed at some lovely little bed and breakfasts so we didn't mind going for the cheaper option in Edinburgh. We thought it would be nicer than it was, as it had recently changed from a 4 star hotel so maybe my expectations were slightly higher than they should have been. The first room we were put in was very small. We probably would have put up with it if it hadn't been our honeymoon. We went back to the desk and were moved to a bigger room. So that was a good thing. The breakfast was quite poor though. We had to ask for things to be replenished rather than them being done automatically which meant we had to wait a while, and on some days they ran out of things like sausages and bacon. Not what you expect when you arrive in the time they set and pay the full price £7.50 (with no other option of going for something cheaper). I'd have gone to another cafe if they had not been a 10 - 15 minute walk into town. Overall I would only stay here again if I had got a good deal on the rooms. If they were full price then I'd definately look at a B&B instead, where a decent breakfast is included and the walls are not paper thin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the Waters of Leith in the West end of Edinburgh City Centre, the Britannia Hotel Edinburgh has 178 bedrooms and is conveniently located within easy reach of many of the city's major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Britannia Edinburgh Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Edinburgh West End Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Travelodge
- Edinburgh Travel Lodge
- Britannia Edinburgh Hotel Scotland