We stayed overnight, two adults, and we had payed extra for an upgraded room.
Firstly let me say, we only saw our room and the bar/restaurant, but I think this hotel could do with a full refurb.Britannia hotels seem to have just bought it over, changed a few name plaques from travel lodge and let it roll on.
We stayed in room 19 in the old mill part of the hotel, if we hadnt had THE most uncomfy matress in all of our world travels it would have been an adequate stay.
The staff were lovely, helpful people, the bar restaurant was good, nice cold draught beer and decent bar food at reasonable prices.
Buy some new mattresses,if people get a good night's sleep they can forgive most little problems, it honestly was the worst mattress I have ever used, my wife and I kind of rolled into the middle of the bed without having to move!!!
God help anyone who isnt talking to their partner when they stay here, they wont have a choice,getting up close is what this bevelled mattress does to you.
Seriously though, good staff, good food, including a buffet breakfast, let down by sub standard accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the Waters of Leith in the West end of Edinburgh City Centre, the Britannia Hotel Edinburgh has 178 bedrooms and is conveniently located within easy reach of many of the city's major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Britannia Edinburgh Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Edinburgh West End Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Travelodge
- Edinburgh Travel Lodge
- Britannia Edinburgh Hotel Scotland